Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Show full size original images with fewest clicks

#1 2020-02-07 15:52:55

rbr28
Bloomington, IN USA
2010-07-13

Show full size original images with fewest clicks

I've got a few different questions but they are all related.  Basically I'd like to show my full size, original images, as soon as possible after clicking on a thumbnail.  I like the Stripped theme the most, and the way the HD Lightbox displays very large images.  The problem is that the process works like this, you click on an album, then you click on a thumbnail in that album and get the medium size image, then you click on the medium size image to get the original in the lightbox.  I'd like to be able to click on the thumbnail and immediately have the original open in the lightbox, without the intermediate step.  I'm not sure if needing that intermediate step is a function of Piwigo core, or the Stripped theme.

If that's not possible, I'd consider some other less desirable options.  I don't see any way that Piwigo even allows you to go from clicking the thumbnail in an album, to displaying the original image, it seems like it requires an intermediate size image first.  Is there a way around that?  If that's the case, and the other limitation I am having is related to the Stripped theme, are there any other themes that do a good job of displaying the original image.  I don't want my originals resized, sharpened, etc, and ideally I want them to show up in some sort of display like lightbox, otherwise large images tend to not fit well within the confines of the theme.  My ultimate goal is for people to be able to click on the thumbnail and immediately display the original image in a nice way, regardless of size. 

As an aside, Piwigo seems to require three image sizes, the thumbnail, the square, and the medium images.  Ideally I would like to only have only one derivative of the original, either the thumbnail or square.  I have no use for the medium, and with thousands of images in a gallery, having an unnecessary derivative is not good in a hosted environment that has limitations on number of files or disk space.

Thanks,
Vern

Piwigo version: 2.10.1
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

Last edited by rbr28 (2020-02-07 15:54:24)

•  » Themes
  •  » Show full size original images with fewest clicks

Board footer