Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Idea for managing duplicates

#1 2020-05-09 19:52:36

Tharius
2020-05-08

Idea for managing duplicates

Hi everyone,

Like many others I've just imported my local collection to my Piwigo installation.  For me this is 70,000+ pictures because I'm also merging photo collections from other family members.

One family member had made physical copies of photos in multiple folders as a way of sorting, precisely the design I'm attempting to avoid by using Piwigo.

The current duplicate filter using checksum seems to work well, it presents the copies of the pictures grouped together, which is ridiculously helpful.

One suggestion however - for many of these photos descriptive information is in the album name or the file name.  If I hover I can see the photo's information.  There is real estate available at the top of the photo thumbnail box to also include the album name.

If it's not a major adjustment I would really like to see this change made and I think it would be helpful to others trying to manage similar situations ... deleting copies that contain information we want to retain because of physical sorting is currently avoided by clicking edit on each photo while holding control in order to open it in a new tab.  Not as simple as it could be with this simple change.

Piwigo 2.10.2
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.6.40 (Show info) [2020-05-09 17:47:11]
MySQL: 5.6.47 [2020-05-09 13:47:11]
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.4-10

Thanks!

•  » Requests
  •  » Idea for managing duplicates

Board footer