Announcement

#1 2020-05-10 05:15:23

TomTee
2020-05-10

Photo size confusion

Hello/Hi/Greetings,  I'm new and not a programmer..... Thanks for trying to help!

In running a slide show the 'resize' options in the upper left corner are missing for some pics.  The photos uploaded are various sizes --- most are old photos from 30kb thru 1MB or more.

Funny thing is, on most photos, the 'default' photo that comes up is just a small thumbnail, ---  too small to be useful ---  so I think I have to resize it.........so I download that photo, resize it on my software then reload.........and when I go to 'resize' option using the left corner resize options and click on 'Original size', sometimes the photo magically becomes large enough to be useful. 

But a reader shouldn't have to do that with EVERY picture in an album.......  Slide shows should click from one watchable photo to the next and one shouldn't have to guess how to play with the 'size' options....

Sorry if this is just showing ignorance but if the 'original' is large enough to be useful, what the heck is the little 'thumbnail' that come up every time when you click on a new slide?  I don't see any way to have the photos in an album to come up automatically as 'Original Size" or "Large" or ???....... in short, the sizes options seem inconsistent and every photo has it's own goofy properties. 

As a result, I don't know when I have to resize a photo and when I don't?  And the reader will have a very frustrating experience trying to go through a slide show.

I looked in configuration settings --- etc.   thinking perhaps the ADMIN needs to 'set' something re: sizes but can't find anything there to help.  I've reset all sizes --- one size --- etc.  I've changed some of the pixel counts in size in configuration [edit] but haven't had success in obtaining any consistency.
Thanks

Piwigo version: Piwigo 2.10.2 Check for upgrade
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 7.3.17 (Show info) [2020-05-10 03:05:03]
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.2.31-MariaDB [2020-05-09 23:05:03]
Graphics Library: GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible)

Board footer