Announcement

#1 2020-06-26 14:06:01

samcro1967
2020-02-02

SMTP not working

I am not having any luck getting email working.  I have used the "LocalFiles Editor" plugin to configure the settings for SMTP.  They are the same settings I use for several other apps which all work.  I do have 2 factor auth enabled and I did generate an app password specific for Piwigo.

I only see 4 logs for Piwigo and 3 are related to nginx.  The 4th, ./config/log/php/error.log, has very little in it.  I looked at the documentation and searched for log and got 4 hits not really specific to where to find the Piwigo log(s) or how to change the verbosity level.  I did not see any plugins for this either.  The docker logs also do not show anything from the app going to StdOut.  I did fina a log at /config/www/gallery/_data\logs.  It seems to only have info related to uploads.  I do not see anythign in it related to users, email, etc.  Am I missing something or is there really no full logging for Piwigo?

I also enabled "save copies of sent mails into local data dir".  I do see that it creates the email and stores it there, it just never appears to try to send it or log anything related to it.

Here are the settings I updated.  The username and password below have been redacted, but these settings work in several apps, OMBI for one.  I also tried SSL and port 465.  None of the combinations seems to be working.  I also tried restarting the container as well to see if maybe the changes only take effect after restart.

I am probably missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find it.

$conf['smtp_host'] = 'smtp.gmail.com:587';
$conf['smtp_user'] = 'username@gmail.com'; #redacted
$conf['smtp_password'] = 'password'; #redacted
$conf['smtp_secure'] = 'tls';

Host/Client: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.900]
Docker version 19.03.8, build afacb8b
Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Container:  linuxserver/piwigo:latest
Piwigo version: 2.10.2
PHP version: 7.3.18
MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.4.13-MariaDB-1:10.4.13+maria~bionic-log [2020-06-26 07:01:23]

Last edited by samcro1967 (2020-06-26 16:04:11)

Board footer