Announcement

#1 2020-07-10 21:32:12

RAPCON
2020-07-08

Name to Tag to Keyword for Web Searching

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

Thank you all for such a fantastic Web Photo "Manager."  I'm using it for a Pictorial History for my old squadron in Vietnam. 

One of my goals is to enable search engines to find the individuals depicted on the site.   For example, each picture in the "Who we were..." sub-album has a name and if that name could also be a keyword then the search engines could find us. 

I have the "Tag to Keyword" plugin which has given me the idea for a "Name to Keyword" plugin?  Is this possible?  It would save me many hours of adding tags/keywords. 

Or, is there a batch file that could copy "name" to "tag/keyword"?

I have searched the documentation and forums for a solution but to no avail.  Again, this is a great community and I really appreciate all you have done.  I'm looking forward to your help.

Thanks!

Piwigo version: 2.10.2
PHP version: 7.1.33
MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.2.32-MariaDB-log [2020-07-10 12:05:26]
Piwigo URL: http://1881stCommSq.org

#2 2020-07-10 22:10:24

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Name to Tag to Keyword for Web Searching

if your goal is to have the individuals come up in a web search, then mission accomplished. It comes up for me. Titles are sufficient for that.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=1881st+C … er+Tolbert

#3 2020-07-11 19:12:38

RAPCON
2020-07-08

Re: Name to Tag to Keyword for Web Searching

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I must apologize as I did not give you the complete story. 

I began to add Keywords to each photograph but soon realized that this would be a very time-consuming task.  Those few that I did add (as tags) i.e. Tolbert followed by adding the Tag to Keyword plugin worked very well.  Those photos without a Keyword do not show up.  (I have since deleted the keywords I added with the hope of a "batch" or "plugin" solution would be forthcoming.) 

I am trying to find a way to have "Title" = "Keyword."   True, I'm trying to get out of hours of work but perhaps a solution to my problem will also help many others.  Thanks again!

Dave

Board footer