Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » show graphical tags in picture information OR album thumbnails

#1 2020-10-19 14:17:26

gnotul
2020-10-19

show graphical tags in picture information OR album thumbnails

Hello everyone,

I am preparing a database of photos concerning the buildings and some aspects that can be identified therein. Each aspect is associated to an icon/symbol that represents the issue, so in one picture there could be one or more issues. I would like to know if it is possible to associate a sort of thumbnail to a tag, so that I can see the tag symbol associated to the image, and not the text. This should be something similar to what google photos does: it associates a thumbnail with each person, then in a group photo it shows me all the thumbnails of the persons in the foto; then if I click on a thumbnail I can see all the photos of that person.

I tried also to use album thumbnails (and to associate a photo to multiple albums), but I have still the problem that the metadata window shows the album name and not the thumbnail/s.

I need this in order to support (for free) students in poor countries with examples of problems in buildings, and I'm evaluating if piwigo can be a good solution to my issues.

Thank you in advance for any replies

Piwigo version: online trial
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

Last edited by gnotul (2020-10-19 14:18:28)

•  » Requests
  •  » show graphical tags in picture information OR album thumbnails

Board footer