Announcement

#1 2020-10-26 19:12:05

mariposa
2013-09-30

Values in local/config/config.inc.php are not applied to Piwigo

Dear all,

Whenever I apply custom values to local/config/config.inc.php with the LocalFiles Editor, the values are written to the file, however Piwigo does not show any of my customisations.

For instance, changing the validity of authentication keys is always set to 3 days, as per default, regardless of my customised values in local/config/config.inc.php.

Slideshow step times cannot be changed, even though local/config/config.inc.php does show my new values.

I could in the past set values in the local config file and they would be applied correctly. In this way, for instance, I managed to customise the email settings and they still work.

Some time along the way (and I suppose, through one or several upgrades), though, this ability was lost and if I now try to customise anything, the customisations will not be applied, even though the local config file shows the changes.

I checked for permissions problems on the file itself, but everything seems to be OK.

Any indication what could be wrong here?

Piwigo version: 2.10.2
PHP version: 7.3.19
MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.3.25
Piwigo URL: http://

Thanks for your input

Mariposa

#2 2020-10-27 02:00:06

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Values in local/config/config.inc.php are not applied to Piwigo

You didn't accidentally introduce an error in the file or put everything in a global comment block or ..., did you?

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2020-10-27 12:30:03

mariposa
2013-09-30

Re: Values in local/config/config.inc.php are not applied to Piwigo

erAck wrote:

You didn't accidentally introduce an error in the file or put everything in a global comment block or ..., did you?

I don't think so. I had a look at every single entry in the local config file (there aren't that many in the end) and they look OK to me.

Also, the email settings, which are also stored in the local config file, are still working, including an app-specific password required by the email provider.

That's why I'm a bit stumped.

I guess I could start from fresh and bit by bit add in the customised entries to see if there is one that creates trouble...

Board footer