Announcement

#1 2021-03-19 07:15:35

lapw
2021-03-19

moving Piwigo installation from cPanel to DirectAdmin host

Hello,

Currently I have a Piwigo installed on a host that uses cPanel and I am looking to move to a host that uses DirectAdmin. I know that there is supposed to be a tool for account migration from cPanel to DA, but I am not sure if it would work for the Piwigo installation and I prefer to move everything manually. I read several threads here and tried to follow the directions, but it didn't work, so I am looking for some help.

There are two specifics of the situation:
- I only have web-based access to the cPanel and DA accounts
- the account names (that are used for prefixes for the databases) are different

This is what I did:
- exported the database from the cPanel account into a file using the cPanel web interface
- zipped and downloaded the contents of piwigo/upload/ from the cPanel account
- installed Piwigo on the DA account using Softaculous, in the process it created a new database
- replaced the content of piwigo/upload/ on the DA account with the one that I got from the cPanel account
- imported the contents of the database from the file in the first step into the newly created (in the third step) one on the DA account

Then when I went to the web interface of the DA Piwigo installation, it said that there are no photos at all.

What I am doing wrong or is there anything else that I should do (perhaps related to the database prefixes)?

#2 2021-03-19 07:23:27

executive
2017-08-16

Re: moving Piwigo installation from cPanel to DirectAdmin host

update the database config file with the new server info.
Or just reinstall core files and run installation again.

Last edited by executive (2021-03-19 07:23:54)

#3 2021-03-19 19:52:02

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

Re: moving Piwigo installation from cPanel to DirectAdmin host

I have DA on my host - also moved away from cpanel clutter a few years ago - so let me know if you have any questions.

Seems you have Softacolous and I have Installatron, but aside from that I imagine it might be similar.

Board footer