Announcement

#1 2021-04-12 03:57:19

thanatoast
2021-04-12

Unable to move image to another album

Howdy,
I am attempting to move an image from one folder to another. An error message flashes up for less than a second. I had to make a video and pause it to type the error below: (Text in {}'s omitted by me. Odd newline placement as displayed.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice
: Undefined index: move in
{path to domain}/piwigo/admin/batch_manager_global.php
on line

Warning
: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at {path to domain}/piwigo/admin/batch_manager_global.php)
{path to domain}/piwigo/include/page_header.php
on line
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This looks like the same problem as https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26773
As I am getting a similar message. I am hesitant to just edit the php code since that is a 5 year old problem and I am not that familiar with php. Also, wouldn't it just break again when it gets updated?

Environment details: (Running on a dreamhost server)
Piwigo 11.4.0
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 7.2.34 (Show info) [2021-04-11 18:44:30]
MySQL: 5.7.29-log [2021-04-11 18:44:35]
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.7-4

Piwigo URL: {private}

Any idea what is going on and what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2021-04-13 05:39:43

thanatoast
2021-04-12

Re: Unable to move image to another album

I googled (site:piwigo.org inurl:release) and found Version 2.8.0 released July 8th, 2016 and assumed that was the version at the time (christianm on August 1, 2016).
Excerpt from piwigo/admin/batch_manager_global.php (v2.8.0)
196:    else if (isset($_SESSION['bulk_manager_filter']['category'])
197:        and $_POST['move'] != $_SESSION['bulk_manager_filter']['category'])

christianm changed line 197 to:
197:        and (isset($_POST['move']) ? $_POST['move'] : null) != $_SESSION['bulk_manager_filter']['category'])

The version I have (11.4.0) had a same error on line 201:
200:    else if (isset($_SESSION['bulk_manager_filter']['category'])
201:        and $_POST['move'] != $_SESSION['bulk_manager_filter']['category'])

So, exactly the same code as the older version.

I got to learn some php:
isset:    Determine if a variable is declared (not the same as null).
X ? Y : Z    Means IF X is true THEN Y ELSE Z (ternary if-then-else)
$_POST      looks like a hash.

The test on 200-201 (and old version 196-197):
... else if session bulk_manager_filer/category is set AND post move does not equal sesson bulk_manager_filter/category

christianm's edit:
... else if session bulk_manager_filer/category is set AND (if post move is set THEN post move, otherwise null) does not equal sesson bulk_manager_filter/category

So christianm's edit tests if $_POST['move'] is set. if it is it uses it, otherwise it uses null and compares it (post move or null) to session bulk_manager_filter/category.

That mostly makes sense to me. It did test if the session hash was set, so why not the post one?
I am not familiar with this code at all, so what I do not understand is why it would or would not be set.

Also, if this is a bug, why it's still there from 5 years ago? Surely I am not the first person since christianm to need to move a file? If I make this edit, will it break again at the next upgrade? I thought I would just register this as a bug but the bug tracker doesn't seem to be working either (http://piwigo.org/bugs just times out/504). Anyone?

Thanks

#3 2021-04-13 15:03:00

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

If that was a general failure then there likely were more reports about it..
However, the old bug tracker link is outdated, please use https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo/issues instead.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#4 2021-04-24 17:48:47

thanatoast
2021-04-12

Update:
  It's been two weeks and I have not been able to figure this out. In desperation I went ahead and made the edit suggested by the link above.
The error has gone away. But it now just quietly fails to move the image.
Thinking it was a permission issue I have tried multiple file permissions and still it does nothing.

I would really appreciate help with this issue.

Thanks

#5 2021-05-07 07:22:24

thanatoast
2021-04-12

I'm still stuck with images in the wrong album. When I attempt to move the image to a different album it stays in the original album. I did notice that when I edit the image, the album I moved it to is listed in "Linked Albums" along with the original album. I can click on an X on the new album and remove it (not what I want to do) but the original album does not have an X.

Maybe this information would be beneficial for someone to help me with this. I've been at this nearly a month trying to move these images to another album!

Thanks

#6 2021-05-07 08:07:39

Zentalquabula
2014-05-10

Disable ALL plugins and then move your image.

You can also reenable plugins one by one to see where the culprit is.

It could also be related ot a theme or anything else that isn't part of the standard installation.

#7 2021-05-08 01:13:18

thanatoast
2021-04-12

I have not added any themes or plugins. I deactivated "LocalFiles Editor" which was the only plugin enabled and I am still unable to move the photos out of the album.
I tried moving a lot of photos and it the only ones I am unable to move were ftp'd to the server, rather than uploaded via the web interface. It seems like a permission issue but the folders and images have the same permissions and, as I said, I tried a ton of different permissions.

Board footer