Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » PhotoSwipe slideshow with Modus theme?

#1 2022-11-16 10:34:14

mmoy
France
2014-08-18

PhotoSwipe slideshow with Modus theme?

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I use the Modus theme with the Fotorama plugin, and I'm mostly happy with it. But ... Fotorama doesn't seem to be maintained anymore, and doesn't support zooming in full-screen which is a real limitation on mobile phone (usability test: open a picture full-screen on your phone, give your phone to a friend, first thing you'll hear in 99% cases is "hey, why can't I zoom?" -> "ah, sorry you can't on this site" :-( ).

I tried the Bootstrap Darkroom theme, I love the way it handles slideshow with PhotoSwipe (which essentially does the same as Fotorama, but maintained and with proper zoom in full-screen mode :-) ). I still prefer Modus for parts other than slideshow (this is very subjective obviously).

I'm wondering whether there's a way to use the PhotoSwipe slideshow in themes other than Bootstrap Darkroom (ideally I'd love a theme-independant plugin like the Fotorama plugin).

Thanks,

#2 2022-11-19 22:37:07

mmoy
France
2014-08-18

Re: PhotoSwipe slideshow with Modus theme?

FYI, I've started hacking the Fotorama plugin to replace Fotorama with PhotoSwipe: https://github.com/moy/Piwigo-Fotorama

It's far from finished, but it kind of works already. Not for use in real-life, but any help is welcome (I'm far from being an expert in JS and Smarty...).

#3 2022-11-20 22:24:09

mmoy
France
2014-08-18

Re: PhotoSwipe slideshow with Modus theme?

FYI, it's still far from finished, but it starts working, but I got the basic features to work:
- Clicking a picture in the album opens the slideshow at the right picture
- The close button from PhotoSwipe returns to the album
- An info button to open the picture's details
There are still a lot of Fotorama leftovers (err, like the name of the plugin ! ;-) ), and absolutely no configuration, but it's worth having a look if you have some developers skills.

•  » Requests
  •  » PhotoSwipe slideshow with Modus theme?

Board footer