Announcement

#1 2022-12-05 22:38:15

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

My SQL error 1146

Hi,

I lost access to my site at janbecket.net/piwigo with the upgrade to 13.3. I see that others have experienced the same MySQL error 1146 in previous years. It always has to do with a missing file, although the exact files missing may differ. In my case it is the config file. A few days ago the error message was telling me it was the sessions file. I do plan on doing a manual upgrade if all else fails but before I do that, I wonder if anyone has ever used this fix for error 1146:

https://www.convertertools.org/blog/fix … snt-exist/

If I do the manual upgrade, I wonder if I can get away with just replacing certain key folders and leaving others intact. If this is possible, which are the priority folders for replacement?

thanks!
Jan Becket

janbecket.net (13.2)
abookofstones.com (13.3)
thebookofparis.com (13.3)

#2 2022-12-05 23:44:17

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: My SQL error 1146

There is no specific fix on the page you linked, but a list of possibilities and of course they want to sell their tool. You can try the mentions successively and see if any helps.

Anyway, it's not a missing file (apart from the case where the .frm file would be missing), it's a missing database table, which can have several causes as indicated on that page. Best to restore the database and Piwigo from the last known good backup before the upgrade and then redo the upgrade.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2023-04-19 00:54:33

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

Re: My SQL error 1146

I did not have a recent database backup, unfortunately. I made one but then forgot to download it from my hosting server, and after a week or so, the server deletes backups. Ended up using a backup from over a year ago. Iʻm still making repairs and updates to bring the site back.

This has been a good reminder to pay more attention to backing up the databases.

Board footer