Announcement

#1 2006-05-16 15:47:04

pifta
2006-05-16

Abc?!

Hi!

I installed the gallery for a few months ago! I had 1000 pictures on it! It wors good BUT! the the documents were not ABC line. Why? Can you help me someone? I would like to see the category ABC line! It's important my gallery because there are a lot of pictures about plants, cacte so the name is very important! Help me please! I won't like to change after every new picture! Now I change on admin panel but it is very slow! Is there a mod for it?

#2 2006-05-17 13:44:44

pifta
2006-05-16

Re: Abc?!

Hey, nobody answer my question? :) please.... It is very important!

#3 2006-05-17 14:02:20

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

Hi

which version of phpwebgallery, php?

Url of you site?

What do you call a category ABC line? something with all letters a category begins with, sorted alphabetically?

Mathias

#4 2006-05-17 14:21:25

pifta
2006-05-16

Sorry :)
I'm hungarian so a can't spek/write enough good English! :P
www.mywebgallery.fw.hu
PWBv 1.5.0
ABC? So the categories are in a random sequence! Not the name sequence!(for example now: ps, ds,tr, af--> this is the actual sequence int he categories! and I would like to take abc sequence). This is in all parent and sub category! A upgrade the pictures very much. So I have to change the sequence in the admin panel-manage and overwrite the number what is near the category or subcategory. It is very slow and I can't do this with one or twoo thousand pictures!
Do you understood my problem?
I begin to do this but I havent got a lot if time so it will be faster if the computer do it. So I wuold like to see the B after the A. I hope I can say what is my problem :)

#5 2006-05-17 15:57:31

pifta
2006-05-16

sorry the best link is this: www.mywebgallery.fw.hu/gallery/
Don't have to see the hungarian text :P

#6 2006-05-17 17:22:32

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

For 1.5.0: You can change all the numbers in one time, if ever you submit changes one by one.

An automatic alphabetical sort is available in 1.6 (release around the end of June).

regards

#7 2006-05-17 18:49:08

chrisaga
Former Piwigo Team
France (92)
2005-08-10

Hello pifta.
Is your gallery in hungarian ?
If I remember correctly, we don't have official language files for hungarian.
Did you translate them yourself ? Would you release them in the "Extentions" repository ?

Regards.

Chris

cepatre.net
Utilisateur depuis la version 1.3, Impliqué depuis la 1.4, Responsable du template des 1.5 et 1.6  ... et en (in)disponibilité sur la 1.7. J'ai fait l'impasse, et j'ai sauté directement en 2.2.2 !

#8 2006-05-17 18:59:07

pifta
2006-05-16

Hi!

Yes hungarian! But I found a hungarian package somewhere.... BUT I try to translate my style the gallery but I haven't finished yet. Is it problem? I think not! The link is on the bottom of the page and I refer the gallery other people and if they want I give them the hungarian file also. But if you don't let me I can delete the gallery but I think it is free or no? Anyway the other hungarian package don't work! I look for other gallery but this is the best I think but there is the ABC problem :( Can you help me?

But if I finished the hungarian package I can send you. Then there are one more language! I want to make an international cactus gallery with four language(Hungarian, English, German, French). It will be a lot of pictures at the and of the making 5-6000 or more... But this problem mean serious problem. If I upgrade the pictures the new picture will be at the bottom of the gallery sequence and I have to give new number every category and subcategory... What have to modify in the gallery and can I modify? I think the hungarian web culture begin to improve and a lot of  people make own webpage a gallery is a very nice part of the side. I decide this is the best galery so if  you can help me my problem I can make a hungarian page for the gallery for ads. :)
I think tha author made the gallery whith this purpose or no?
1.6 will made in june? The finish version? And that is made the category in ABC sequence? It is great!!!!!! I'm very happy! So I have to wait :( No problem! :) There were 100 subcategory in a main category and with 20 new category it was the disaster :) I wait the newest version! :)
I think about a new template for this gallery but I will wait the v1.6. My idea is a chronicle template... But it is an idea yet... And if I want to make new template I have to modify the files! Am I any right for this?
What will be new in the v1.6? If I upgrade then not will delete the sql database and the pictures? (I never upgrade this)

I edited my postings :P I have a lot of questions :P

Last edited by pifta (2006-05-17 19:25:48)

#9 2006-05-17 19:41:28

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

pifta wrote:

ABC? So the categories are in a random sequence! Not the name sequence!

Look for :
// order_by : how to change the order of display for images in a category ?
in that page : Configuration

But : Please, read the whole page... You'll understand why you need to create a config_local.inc.php

Finally, that one should look like this:

Code:

<?php
$conf['order_by'] = ' ORDER BY name ASC, file ASC, id ASC';
?>

That would reply to your initial request.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#10 2006-05-17 20:09:08

chrisaga
Former Piwigo Team
France (92)
2005-08-10

pifta wrote:

I edited my postings :P I have a lot of questions :P

Yes you have a lot of questions  in one single topic.
I try to answer a few of them :

1) You are right PWG is free and we are glad when someone can share is work with the community. that's why I asked for the languages files.
just go to Extensions to release them
2) I think VDigital answered your initial request
3) Upgrade don't break the database nor the pictures
4) You should wait for 1.6 for your customization since you'll probably won't have to modify the template just the theme (a css file, and maybe some icons). Theme and template are splited apart in 1.6

Enjoy PWG !

cepatre.net
Utilisateur depuis la version 1.3, Impliqué depuis la 1.4, Responsable du template des 1.5 et 1.6  ... et en (in)disponibilité sur la 1.7. J'ai fait l'impasse, et j'ai sauté directement en 2.2.2 !

#11 2006-05-17 20:20:06

pifta
2006-05-16

I'm enjoying the PWG!
I make what Vdigital note after I resyncronise the whole but it not changed! I made a config_loac.inc.php whith that code! Not work! After I rewrite in the config.default.inc.php also not work. What I damaged? I read the whole page but this two file was note and I did them what is the problem?

#12 2006-05-17 20:59:05

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Nothing to synchronize.

config_loac.inc.php or config_local.inc.php???

Take care of there is a space character between ' and ORDER.
          '                                                  ORDER BY

8-)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#13 2006-05-17 21:05:43

pifta
2006-05-16

Yes I was very careful there is space where need but nothing! There is a file in download whait is? Downloads/bulids/{the last file} what is that?
What is my problem? if every character is the right place?

#14 2006-05-17 21:13:37

pifta
2006-05-16

Can you write here the whole file? after you delete... that two files what have to change. I try with that but I don'n know what is the problem...

#15 2006-05-18 00:51:05

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

@VDigital: I thought (s)he was talking about ordering the categories, not the pictures in it.

Board footer