Announcement

#1 2007-02-02 17:43:32

Shadow Wolf
2007-02-02

Integration with Joomla/SMF

I did a search and found some information in the frech forum but couldn't really understand it well. I even tried pumping it through babelfish to translate it but it didn't make complete sense.

It doesn't have to be embedded within Joomla. I'm more interested in the users being handled by Joomla. Although that is bridged with SMF and that is the one doing the registration... so maybe it is with SMF I need to bridge it. I'm not completely sure.

#2 2007-02-03 22:04:22

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

Re: Integration with Joomla/SMF

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, you need to bridge authentication with the script which handles registration.
Basics of External authentication is explained in /include/config_default.inc.php
The settings you need to define should be put in /include/config_local.inc.php (create file if needed, starting with "<?php" and ending with "?>"). Config_default is well-named, it's the default and you should leave it as is.
Settings almost consists in refering the fields mapping. SMF and Phpwebgallery MUST be in the same database for this to work. External database authentication is not supported for now.

Don't hesitate to ask for details, because we have not translated external authentication explanantion in the wiki in english for now (time is missing, you know what I mean...).

Regards

#3 2007-04-11 01:04:32

jiceh
2007-04-06

salut, je suis aussi sous joomla.
le probleme d'authentification m'interesse.
pourrais tu détailler ton explication précédente?
je ne sais pas quoi écrire dans le fichier config_local.inc.php.

#4 2009-10-19 16:10:39

Shadow128

Hello,

does anyone has a example how to integrate the web gallery into joomla?

Thanks in advance,
Shadow128

#5 2010-04-16 20:43:36

TLangas

From what I understand this Gallery and Joomla would be two separate programs. Thins means you would have to run the Gallery in a wrapper or directly go to the gallery. The nice thing about SMF is that once the user creates and logs into the Joomla site they will be automatically logged into the Gallery and vice versa. I've yet to try it but that is what I understand.

#6 2010-10-14 03:59:47

judy85
2010-10-14

Thank you for this topic. I'll try piwigo for my joomla sites.

Board footer