Announcement

#1 2008-12-10 14:01:51

irohaphoto
Oita, Japan
2008-12-10

Blank page after submiting thumbnail creation page

After following directions on the in the instructions on how to create photos I get a blank page after I press the submit button.
Under Administration I goto Pictures then Thumbnails then the list of pictures without thumbnails comes up. I click the submit button and get this URL which is blank
http://www.projecth2o.org/irohaphoto/ad … =thumbnail

I tried CHMOD 777 on at first the first directory after galleries then I ended up CHMOD 777 to all other sub folders under galleries. until finally I even CHMOD 777 to the  galleries folder itself. I changed all photo extensions to "jpeg" and still no luck any help would be appreciated. sorry if I may have double posted but I couldn't find an answer. I am using the lasted PhpWebGallery 1.7.3 thanks

#2 2009-03-10 14:20:55

Erik

Re: Blank page after submiting thumbnail creation page

I just changed webhosts and am now having the same problem.  I am using Piwigo 2.0.0.  When I attempt to create thumbnails I am taken to a blank white page - no errors or anything.  Any thoughts?  How can I troubleshoot further?

#3 2009-03-10 14:42:23

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Can you clarify your problem ?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#4 2009-03-10 22:27:46

Erik

ddtddt wrote:

Can you clarify your problem ?

I'm honestly not sure I can clarify further.  Admin->Pictures->Thumbnails, then I click on the Submit button.  Instead of getting thumbnails, I get a blank white screen, and have to use my browser's Back button to get out of it.  The thumbnails are not created, there is no error message.  The problem occurs with both GD 1.x and 2.x selected - "bundled (2.0.34 compatible)" is the version installed.

#5 2009-03-10 22:48:02

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Can you give a URL to one of your photo, the problem may be on the photo itself.

#6 2009-03-12 02:15:55

Erik

plg wrote:

Can you give a URL to one of your photo, the problem may be on the photo itself.

http://www.otakubell.com/LDs/galleries/ … rfectBlue/

I can even give somebody a temporary admin account, if that will help...

#7 2009-03-12 23:04:13

alexx
2009-03-12

Hi,
Does it happen with a lot of thumbails to create? If so, you should check your php.ini

#8 2009-03-13 07:08:59

David

This is common when you have uploaded a heap of images in one hit, and when processing ALL you basically time-out as the process goes over 30 sec's. It is a real pain as I uploaded 3000 images to various folders and have to keep refreshing to process.

Once you've done the refreshing of the blank page a few times, you can then go to SYNCHRONIZE and process the thumbs that have been created, even though you were only seeing a blank page...usually there's been 25 created each time you refreshed.

Just need to figure out what can be adjusted to allow for processing larger volumes in one session.

Great script though!

Cheers,

David
www.voyeursport.com

#9 2009-03-13 08:02:17

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

David wrote:

This is common when you have uploaded a heap of images in one hit, and when processing ALL you basically time-out as the process goes over 30 sec's. It is a real pain as I uploaded 3000 images to various folders and have to keep refreshing to process.

Once you've done the refreshing of the blank page a few times, you can then go to SYNCHRONIZE and process the thumbs that have been created, even though you were only seeing a blank page...usually there's been 25 created each time you refreshed.

Just need to figure out what can be adjusted to allow for processing larger volumes in one session.

Great script though!

Cheers,

David
www.voyeursport.com

You can synchronize directory by directory

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#10 2009-03-13 13:26:19

Erik

Thanks for your input, but this is NOT an issue with having too many images to process.

1)  I have exactly three images to process.  They are the three images linked above.
2)  The blank screen pops up instantly, so there is no timing out going on, its more like there is no attempt to even try to generate thumbnails.

So again, I invite anyone to get a temporary admin account on my end and see for yourself.

#11 2009-03-13 22:02:10

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Erik wrote:

plg wrote:

You can change my status if you want, I am just registred.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#12 2009-03-14 18:14:31

Erik

VDigital wrote:

Erik wrote:

plg wrote:

You can change my status if you want, I am just registred.

Okay, done!  Thanks for having a look.

#13 2009-03-14 19:02:32

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

My local configuration is very closed to yours.
And thumbnail generation with your pictures has been successful.
So I come back to access problem as you started.

First did you try to create manually the thumbnail subdirectory to determine where is the bug.
Because I think the problem is there.
You and me tried to create the thumbnails, and we failed but never the thumbnail folder has been created.

Create it, and test again.
That will reduce the scope.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#14 2009-03-14 23:56:20

David

What I still haven't found out is how does one edit the script (which file) to increase the 30 sec process time, to say 90 secs?

Thanks,

David
www.voyeursport.com

#15 2009-03-15 01:57:50

Erik

VDigital wrote:

My local configuration is very closed to yours.
And thumbnail generation with your pictures has been successful.
So I come back to access problem as you started.

First did you try to create manually the thumbnail subdirectory to determine where is the bug.
Because I think the problem is there.
You and me tried to create the thumbnails, and we failed but never the thumbnail folder has been created.

Create it, and test again.
That will reduce the scope.

I don't completely understand your English (sorry!), but I have manually created a /thumbnail directory.  I also set the permission to 777.  However, that didn't help.

Board footer