Announcement

#1 2009-03-10 22:37:28

freddy

No Stylesheet after installation??

Hi,

i used the netinstaller. it just takes too long otherwise. i tried it 2 times. BOTH TIMES THERE WAS THE SAME RESULT => no style but only html, ALTHOUGH THE CSS FILES ARE ALL THERE (i controlled this one at one page).

you can look here: removed URL for privacy

changing the template doesnt change anything.

=> MEANWHILE I HAVE THE SOLUTION: i did all three template folders on 777. the rest stayed "as is".

NOW I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM:
inside the admin area (when i am logged in), there is still no stylesheet. so i made admin/template/ 777. but it does not work. so what to do now? i cant set admin to 777 cause then admin area would be useless, am i right?
so what else to do?

Last edited by plg (2009-03-10 23:37:40)

#2 2009-03-10 23:26:22

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: No Stylesheet after installation??

What are the current rights on your files and directorie?

Setting 777 on the "admin" directory does not mean anybody will be able to see the directory content. You still have to login correctly and be an administrator to reach the administration screens.

#3 2009-03-10 23:26:37

freddy

no one knows what i could do?

was my english too bad? :-( please tell me, then i will try explaining again!

#4 2009-03-10 23:30:30

freddy

plg wrote:

What are the current rights on your files and directorie?

Setting 777 on the "admin" directory does not mean anybody will be able to see the directory content. You still have to login correctly and be an administrator to reach the administration screens.

oh we posted to the same time :D

well it had something around 600 - where it didnt work. then i set to 744 which still did not work. so now its 777 and IT WORKS.

but as far as i know 777 is hacker friendly? maybe some of the mods could delete my URL from the first post, so that this is no invitation for hackers :) i would appreciate that :)

#5 2009-03-10 23:41:20

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

freddy wrote:

but as far as i know 777 is hacker friendly?

Yes, we can say that. the "problem" is the last 7. It means that anybody on the server has all access rights on the directory, including writing. But a hacker also needs a web application with a security bug inside that will upload a file (a dangerous file this time) in your 777 directory, and then the hacker can execute his dangerous file.

freddy wrote:

maybe some of the mods could delete my URL from the first post, so that this is no invitation for hackers :) i would appreciate that :)

Job's done, but please register on the forum and then you will be able to modify your own posts :-)

Board footer