Announcement

#1 2009-04-05 18:34:32

quixote
2008-05-10

how to have more than 2 thumbnailCategories in a row?

I would like to have three across, not two across, on the top level pages that show the subcategory thumbnails.

I cannot find where this is specified.  In this thread ([Forum, topic 13332] Templating system - and making changes) it sounds like maybe some change to SPAN.wrap would do it.  But that refers to the regular photo thumbnails, and they display 5 across without any difficulty.  So that can't be it.

Maybe I need something like thumbnailCategories SPAN.wrap3 ??

It used to be one simply said width: 33% in (I think) local-layout.css, but that doesn't work any more.

Last edited by quixote (2009-04-05 18:36:38)

#2 2009-04-07 02:00:44

quixote
2008-05-10

Re: how to have more than 2 thumbnailCategories in a row?

Well, I found a workaround.  Maybe somebody can tell me whether this is a Really Bad Idea that will break things elsewhere.

I took one line from "template-extension/distribution/samples/titling_categories.tpl", removed "{ldelim}" and "position: relative;" and it has to be placed just before ".content UL.thumbnailCategories LI".  Elsewhere, it has no effect.

Code:

/* Category thumbnails on main page, CSS code inspired from MOD subcatify */
.content UL.thumbnailCategories {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  list-style: none;
  overflow: hidden;
  width: 100%;
}

#content UL.thumbnailCategories LI  { width:32%; z-index: 55;}  /*this is the added line *
.content UL.thumbnailCategories LI {
  margin:0;
  margin-left: 0.5%;  /*I also added this because I wanted a bit more margin on the left */ 
  padding:0;
  float:left;
}

Last edited by quixote (2009-04-07 02:01:45)

Board footer