•  » Extensions
  •  » image upload thru ploader not working

#16 2009-04-27 00:55:09

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: image upload thru ploader not working

laurent.duretz gave other ideas to make the correction progress :-)

We're trying to see if the directory creation algorithm implemented in the NetInstall would work better for the web API (but it doesn't work as expected)

I've made another experience:

1. by hand with FTP client: create the "pierrick4" directory and give write access for "other"
2. upload the piwigo-netinstall.php script inside and launch the NetInstall
3. in the NetInstall form, install Piwigo in a new subdirectory "piwigo", the idea is that the "piwigo" directory is owned by the web server user, not by the FTP user
4. the pLoader transfer works "like a charm" : http://www.tormentor.sk/pierrick4/piwig … ategory/24

What's good is that you have a workaround : reinstall Piwigo with the NetInstall, in a subdirectory next to piwigo-netinstall.php, not in the same directory as piwigo-netinstall.php

What's less good is that we still don't understand why NetInstall is able to create files/directories in a FTP owned directory and web API (even using the same algorithm as NetInstall) is not able to create the "upload" directory in the same condition.

#17 2009-04-27 09:27:49

andrej

hi

i was able to install piwigo on my own hostgator hosting without any problems. ploader works great.

hosting where tormentor.sk is
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.2.6 (Show info) [2009-04-27 09:24:45]
MySQL: 5.0.51b [2009-04-27 09:24:45]

hostgator hosting
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.2.9 (Show info) [2009-04-27 02:24:54]
MySQL: 5.1.30 [2009-04-27 02:24:54

#18 2009-04-27 09:31:05

andrej

plg wrote:

laurent.duretz gave other ideas to make the correction progress :-)

We're trying to see if the directory creation algorithm implemented in the NetInstall would work better for the web API (but it doesn't work as expected)

I've made another experience:

1. by hand with FTP client: create the "pierrick4" directory and give write access for "other"
2. upload the piwigo-netinstall.php script inside and launch the NetInstall
3. in the NetInstall form, install Piwigo in a new subdirectory "piwigo", the idea is that the "piwigo" directory is owned by the web server user, not by the FTP user
4. the pLoader transfer works "like a charm" : http://www.tormentor.sk/pierrick4/piwig … ategory/24

What's good is that you have a workaround : reinstall Piwigo with the NetInstall, in a subdirectory next to piwigo-netinstall.php, not in the same directory as piwigo-netinstall.php

What's less good is that we still don't understand why NetInstall is able to create files/directories in a FTP owned directory and web API (even using the same algorithm as NetInstall) is not able to create the "upload" directory in the same condition.

ok, that's some really great news :)
i will do this during today. if it works we will stick to whatever url piwigo needs. i'm happy it will work

•  » Extensions
  •  » image upload thru ploader not working

Board footer