Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » pLoader for Windows, prepare and upload photos from your computer

#16 2009-05-25 10:23:10

RizThon
2007-09-11

Re: pLoader for Windows, prepare and upload photos from your computer

ron wrote:

Piwigo 2.0.2 and pLoader 2.0.2 work that way : images are split into chunks of 500 kb ( btw : pLoader 2.0.2 does not work with Piwigo 2.0.1 ).

Could you make some tests by reducing the weight of your photos and find the threshold that causes upload failure ?

Thanks ron,

Actually I have Piwigo 2.0.1, so indeed looks like that feature doesn't work for me, but it's good to know it works using chunks in the next version.
I'll try to update to the new version (hopefully there's not that many files that were modified, or else it'll take me ages to upload all the files through the HTTP interface) and try again to see if chunks of 500KB are working. It might be useful to be able to specify the size.

Cheers,
  RizThon

#17 2009-05-25 12:28:29

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

RizThon wrote:

Actually I have Piwigo 2.0.1, so ...

Read http://piwigo.org/releases/2.0.2

You will find a useful link "changes between" and don't miss the Security advice.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#18 2009-05-25 14:12:04

RizThon
2007-09-11

Thanks VDigital, but I didn't see you post soon enough...so I just did a diff of both versions...fortunately there wasn't indeed a lot of modifs, and severals were just localization updated that are useless too me.

So now I have the new version and guess what, it's working perfectly well!

Well actually I still found a weird bug. I tried uploading pictures when I was with 2.0.1. It didn't work, so I removed the pics from pLoader and closed it. Then for some reasons I moved my pictures from one directory on my hard drive to another one. I then run pLoader (it has no selected pic as I removed them the last time), gives it again the pics with their updated path (ie I just drag&dropped the pics from their new location). But then when I
try to upload again my pictures, I get an error saying the first pic doesn't exist, refering to the old location.

I don't know where the currently selected pictures or the layout of the window are saved, but at least for the pictures, there seems to be a problem.

About the layout of the window, I wanted to hide the preview part below the remote tree, so I tried just sliding it down, but it looks like it wasn't a good idea as I can't access it anymore...ooopsy ^^

Cheers,
  RizThon

#19 2009-05-25 18:44:46

ron
Former Piwigo Team
2008-09-30

RizThon wrote:

Well actually I still found a weird bug. I tried uploading pictures when I was with 2.0.1. It didn't work, so I removed the pics from pLoader and closed it. Then for some reasons I moved my pictures from one directory on my hard drive to another one. I then run pLoader (it has no selected pic as I removed them the last time), gives it again the pics with their updated path (ie I just drag&dropped the pics from their new location). But then when I
try to upload again my pictures, I get an error saying the first pic doesn't exist, refering to the old location.

I don't know where the currently selected pictures or the layout of the window are saved, but at least for the pictures, there seems to be a problem.

Could you please report this issue in the bugtracker ?
pLoader has a cache located in : C:\Documents and Settings\<user account>\Local Settings\Application Data\.pLoader ( XP ). Just remove pLoader.dat file and restart pLoader. This is a workaround before a clean fix.

RizThon wrote:

About the layout of the window, I wanted to hide the preview part below the remote tree, so I tried just sliding it down, but it looks like it wasn't a good idea as I can't access it anymore...ooopsy ^^

Actually this is a bug. No workaround at the moment. Removing and reinstalling pLoader does not solve the problem.

Last edited by ron (2009-05-25 21:33:44)

#20 2009-05-26 04:14:44

RizThon
2007-09-11

ron wrote:

Could you please report this issue in the bugtracker ?

Done. How do you add relationships between issues? 0001011 and 0001002 are linked.

ron wrote:

Actually this is a bug. No workaround at the moment. Removing and reinstalling pLoader does not solve the problem.

But there should also be a conf file or registry key somewhere describing the layout, right?

#21 2009-05-26 10:48:05

ron
Former Piwigo Team
2008-09-30

RizThon wrote:

there should also be a conf file or registry key somewhere describing the layout, right?

Right, regedit.exe is your friend ! Search for "Piwigo Team" and delete "Perspective" key.

#22 2009-05-26 15:11:25

RizThon
2007-09-11

ron wrote:

Right, regedit.exe is your friend ! Search for "Piwigo Team" and delete "Perspective" key.

Regedit is my friend indeed ^^ Thanks.

#24 2009-06-29 05:24:39

kaska
2009-06-20

Is there a manual for ploader? I am trying to upload using it but can't get it to work. Is the password my piwigo password or my webserver ftp password?

#25 2009-06-29 05:53:09

RizThon
2007-09-11

kaska wrote:

Is there a manual for ploader? I am trying to upload using it but can't get it to work. Is the password my piwigo password or my webserver ftp password?

The images are sent using the Piwigo API, so you need to give your Piwigo password. Also make sure you have the latest version of both Piwigo and pLoader.

#26 2009-06-29 06:46:04

kaska
2009-06-20

I was able to login to my site using my piwigo user and pass. I do have trouble uploading. Even though I get the completed message of X amount of pictures processed and X amount uploaded 0 images and errors, I don't see any of them on my website. When I check via the ftp, my upload folder contains files.

#27 2009-06-29 08:17:25

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

kaska, pLoader and Piwigo versions?

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#28 2009-06-29 19:56:41

kaska
2009-06-20

ploader 2.0.2c
piwigo 2.0.2

should all be the latest. I download both from site yesterday and set it up last night.

#29 2009-06-29 20:39:32

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Size of original pictures?

Did you select the original transfer? (try without).

Did you request to resize your pics? (Try to set a reasonable size)

Did you try with smaller pics?

If on the server you have a pwg_high subdirectories try to access them directly from a browser or download them by FTP and try to see pictures, they could be broken images (by the transfer due to some hosting limitations).

8-)

#30 2009-07-06 00:43:39

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

•  » Extensions
  •  » pLoader for Windows, prepare and upload photos from your computer

Board footer