•  » Requests
  •  » How to control pLoader gui ?

#1 2009-06-08 11:01:52

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

How to control pLoader gui ?

Hi all,

I try to understand how pLoader works and after opening some files, I can't find progress.wdr and login.wdr. Where are they ? I don't understand ? Why the generated file is under source control and not the source file ?

Nicolas

#2 2009-06-08 20:59:14

ron
Former Piwigo Team
2008-09-30

Re: How to control pLoader gui ?

Hi Nicolas,

You're right, only generated scripts are under svn because .wdr files are binary files from wxDesigner RAD tool and they are not very useful.

The generated resource scripts are pure perl and, in my point of view, source files because they are actually executed by perl interpreter.

Wdr files and wxDesigner  are only a convenient way to  produce perl scripts : the logic is in the code, not in the tool.

#3 2009-06-08 21:12:47

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

ron wrote:

You're right, only generated scripts are under svn because .wdr files are binary files from wxDesigner RAD tool and they are not very useful.

Ok, I can easily imagine.

ron wrote:

The generated resource scripts are pure perl and, in my point of view, source files because they are actually executed by perl interpreter.
Wdr files and wxDesigner  are only a convenient way to  produce perl scripts : the logic is in the code, not in the tool.

Ok so I don't really understand the way you work and how I can modify something. My problem is the warning message telling that all changes in the generated files will be lost. How do you modify something ? By modifying .wdr files or generated files ?

#4 2009-06-08 21:20:19

ron
Former Piwigo Team
2008-09-30

nicolas wrote:

How do you modify something ? By modifying .wdr files or generated files ?

I modify generated files because generated code has bugs !

#5 2009-06-09 10:10:53

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

ron wrote:

nicolas wrote:

How do you modify something ? By modifying .wdr files or generated files ?

I modify generated files because generated code has bugs !

Ok I understand.

•  » Requests
  •  » How to control pLoader gui ?

Board footer