Announcement

#1 2009-06-12 01:41:46

Marshmello
Canada
2009-06-12

Write access?

I'm trying to use the NetInstall, but when navigate to it it says:

Write access is needed

It looks like NetInstall wont be able to write in the current directory, and this is required to follow on.
Please try to change the permissions to allow write access, then reload this page by hitting the Refresh button.

I don't know anything about PHP, FTP, or making a website in general, so I'm not sure why I'm having this problem, what it means, or how to fix it. Sorry if I need a bit of hand-holding.

#2 2009-06-12 06:15:29

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Write access?

Hy,

Trying to create a folder and  copy NetInstall in.

Gives rights to the folder (FTP Software)

and go to folder

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2009-06-12 07:28:54

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Marshmello wrote:

I don't know anything about PHP, FTP, or making a website in general.

Ask a friend just to start, and at least installing a FTP client.
Ask your provider, your hosting provider, they have FAQ, Forum, and support.
And come back with your FTP client already installed and well configured.

Thanks.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#4 2009-06-13 03:02:12

Marshmello
Canada
2009-06-12

ddtddt wrote:

Hy,

Trying to create a folder and  copy NetInstall in.

Gives rights to the folder (FTP Software)

and go to folder

That got rid of the write access error, but once I press "Retrieve and unzip Piwigo" I'm taken to a blank page. The files piwigo-install.zip, piwigo-files.php, and piwigo-unzip.php have appeared in the directory, but clicking the PHP files take me to more blank pages and the ZIP file is corrupted. I've tried several times, but the problem persists.

#5 2009-06-13 06:58:06

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Marshmello wrote:

That got rid of the write access error, but once I press "Retrieve and unzip Piwigo" I'm taken to a blank page. The files piwigo-install.zip, piwigo-files.php, and piwigo-unzip.php have appeared in the directory, but clicking the PHP files take me to more blank pages and the ZIP file is corrupted. I've tried several times, but the problem persists.

I advice you to try in this case Manual Installation

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

Board footer