•  » Extensions
  •  » [Multi view] turn off history log when using another user account

#1 2009-07-12 15:18:43

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

[Multi view] turn off history log when using another user account

I've used the Multi View plugin today (really a nice plugin, thanks again rvelices), and when I went back to the history details, I saw that my browsing had been logged while I wasn't "plg" but someone else.

I really wonder if it's a good idea to write an history line as "someone else" while this user never came on your photo gallery. What's your opinion?

#2 2009-07-12 15:47:14

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Re: [Multi view] turn off history log when using another user account

From my view, rvelices may have a different opinion.

Multi View is really useful.
You may use another user but avoid browsing picture pages with it (you just need to know you're logged under the visitor name).

Now, it is not the main use of Multi View, I really often use it for Smarty/SQL Debug. It is our tool!!!

For long, debugging is its main usage and we are aware of switching.
The second usage is switching between guest/Admin (not on other users).

Rvelices is not using [extension by Piwigo Team] Language Switch and [extension by mistic100] Theme switch (I know why).
So he needs Language/Theme selection.

For "Whois online", I am using Multi View.
If you obliged rvelices to turn off the history log.
I will have to turn off these access too in Whois Online.
Fictive Multi View access are recorded with the selected user in Whois Online currently.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#3 2009-07-12 19:22:54

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

plg wrote:

I've used the Multi View plugin today (really a nice plugin, thanks again rvelices), and when I went back to the history details, I saw that my browsing had been logged while I wasn't "plg" but someone else.

I really wonder if it's a good idea to write an history line as "someone else" while this user never came on your photo gallery. What's your opinion?

I have noticed that on my site when I was using multi view once, but it didn't really bother me and I'm really using it just for "debugging".
If you want to cut off the the history when using multiview, it's fine with me.

#4 2009-07-12 23:02:34

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

VDigital wrote:

Multi View is really useful.

No doubt about that.

VDigital wrote:

For "Whois online", I am using Multi View.
If you obliged rvelices to turn off the history log.
I will have to turn off these access too in Whois Online.
Fictive Multi View access are recorded with the selected user in Whois Online currently.

If "Whois online" doesn't read the history table, then you don't "have to" turn off fictive connections in "Whois online", it would be more coherent but you don't have to.

For now I only think it's really weird to see someone in the history log while he never came.

#5 2009-07-12 23:07:24

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

rvelices wrote:

If you want to cut off the the history when using multiview, it's fine with me.

On one side it bothers me but on the other side, I imagin it can be used precisely to see the history log line with the switched user. So maybe an option in the "Multi view" popup like "enable history log" (disabled by default) would be perfect :-)

#6 2009-07-13 08:09:33

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Rvelices, if you do that way to be coherent I will try to adapt Whois Online in the same way.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

•  » Extensions
  •  » [Multi view] turn off history log when using another user account

Board footer