Announcement

#1 2009-10-19 14:21:39

duke
Translation Team
Vienna
2009-10-19

how to move/suppress top-level storage categories

hi,

i'm currently testing piwigo 2.0.5 and i'm stuck with the category management.
i've read the WIKI, but i haven't found a solution for my problem. i hope you can help :)

i have created several virtual categories like "Holidays" and "Friends", and i would like
to add the images i upload to one of these categories. but, if i synchronize a new folder
with images, piwigo automatically creates a top-level category with the name of the
uploaded folder, which i cannot move to one of the virtual categories i have created.

the only possibility i've discovered is linking the newly created category to one of the
existing virtual categories, but i end up with having the same gallery displayed twice then.

is there a way of moving these storage categories?
or can i configure piwigo to not create top-level categories when synchronizing?

tia,
tom.

#2 2009-10-19 15:08:17

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Re: how to move/suppress top-level storage categories

Don't move. See [Forum, post 109597 by VDigital in topic 15432] Moving Categories ?

I have a question in your case.

Which kind of upload are you speaking? Please clarify!

- FTP / Synchro
- HTTP standard / Synchro
- Uploader+ / Synchro
- pLoader

Thanks.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#3 2009-10-19 16:17:43

duke
Translation Team
Vienna
2009-10-19

Re: how to move/suppress top-level storage categories

hi,

i copy the files with scp, so it's kinda like ftp.

@move: thx for the hint. i set the storage categories to private now and linked them to
a new category in one of the virtual folders. basically that's exactly what i wanted, kinda
complicated though from a user's perspective ;-)

regards,
tom.

Last edited by duke (2009-10-19 16:33:07)

Board footer