•  » [Plugin] Event Cats, to easily share private categories

#1 2010-01-03 16:57:15

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

[Plugin] Event Cats, to easily share private categories

[extension by LucMorizur] Event Cats

The two main purposes of this extension are:

_ when you attend an event where you "are THE photographer", and you want to easily share the pictures -- which you don't want in a public category --, by providing a unique link (no account neither password);

_ when you create your gallery, and want to ease registration of many people on your gallery.

The two features brought by this extension are:
_ automatic log in of an account (preferably generic) thanks to a single URL;
_ account duplication, by "copying" logged account properties.

Demonstration: [Forum, post 109308 by LucMorizur in topic 15088] Preparation of plugin Event Cats (Event categories) (Auto Id).

Full description (extension help page): http://lucmorizur.free.fr/piwigo/index. … nal_page/7 .

It is higly recommanded to use also extensions [extension by plg] PWG Stuffs and mainly [extension by P@t] Additional Pages.

LOOK OUT: automatic identification used by Event Cats is very poor about security! A URL can be very easily copied, transmitted, during its different travels among several servers... Do use this feature smartly: don't let an automatic identification link active for a too long time; limit the private content one can see thanks to this link...

Have a nice gallery ;-) !

Last edited by LucMorizur (2011-08-01 17:24:48)

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

#2 2010-01-07 19:18:51

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

Re: [Plugin] Event Cats, to easily share private categories

I have to say this plugin is fantastic!

in fact it's an automatic login system, ideally fitted for a non technician family :-)

Suffice simply to create an account, I did for my sister an a relative, with login and paswd and give them a group (guess what, I choosed "family" :-)

Then you send them a mail with the link and voilà! they can connect without any trouble.

at worst if you see any illegal activity, it's enough to remove the link.

congratulation!
jdd

Last edited by jdd (2010-01-07 19:43:43)

#3 2010-01-07 19:31:45

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Previous post has be emailed to the author to use the right forum.
Here is English only.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#4 2010-01-07 20:20:31

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

jdd wrote:

I have to say this plugin is fantastic!

(...)

Many thanks jdd :-)) .

Please feel free to post in this topic any remark or question about this extension ;-) .

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )

#5 2010-01-07 20:50:04

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

Ok

First notice: the first thing to do is to choose a category, so shouldn't this choice be on top of the page?
Second notice: when removing a code, the user created by the plugin is not removed

I use this plugin only from today, so I may have missed some important aspect
jdd

Last edited by jdd (2010-01-07 20:50:36)

#6 2010-01-07 21:22:49

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

jdd wrote:

Ok

Ah, at last !

;-)

(It's a private joke, as we say in french ;-) ...)

First notice: the first thing to do is to choose a category, so shouldn't this choice be on top of the page?

Choosing a page to display is the first thing to do when you create a user automatically -- and thus, also when it is the full entry that you create automatically. If you fill in the username by yourself, you're not required to choose the displayed page first. You can then decide 1) the code, 2) the username, eventually with the group name, 3) the page to display.

In the entries list, and in the main philosophy of the extension, the main thing is a code associated to a user. The displayed page is required, but is not the most important information from the software point of view.

But I know that the software point of view is a... let's say,  special point of view :-/ ... you're not the first one to issue this notice ; it is clearly a point that would need improvement, but indeed I don't know how for the moment. I can't imagine the "displayed page" fieldset being the first one.

Second notice: when removing a code, the user created by the plugin is not removed

Indeed. Why not, it should not be too complicated.

Many thanks for your remarks :-) !

#7 2010-01-09 15:24:16

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

Hello,

I wold like to show only one image to somebody. This seems to be possible with the field "image identification". But What is this image identification, I don't fnd it  in  the doc

thanks
jdd

#8 2010-01-09 16:13:31

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

jdd wrote:

Hello,

I wold like to show only one image to somebody. This seems to be possible with the field "image identification". But What is this image identification, I don't fnd it  in  the doc

thanks
jdd

Maybe I forgot this explanation in the big help file (the popup window). Though, the help banner says : "(It is too complicated, too heavy to provide here a list of all images, thus you must write down the image identifier ("Image id"), if you want to use this field.)".

You can find the image id in the URL when you navigate on this image : for instance, the image id of the image having piwigo/picture.php?/10/category/1 as URL in Piwigo, is 10.

I should improve the help part for this feature.

#9 2010-01-09 17:17:09

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

LucMorizur wrote:

You can find the image id in the URL when you navigate on this image : for instance, the image id of the image having piwigo/picture.php?/10/category/1 as URL in Piwigo, is 10.

Oh yes! I didn't search for the image id *before* the category id :-(

thanks
jdd

#10 2010-01-09 17:24:17

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

oh well... and this image is not the only one to be accessible, all the category is (image is just default).

It would be good to be able to show only one image without creating a category by itself (or doing this automagically :-)

thanks anyway
jdd

#11 2010-01-09 17:30:17

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

jdd wrote:

automagically :-)

I like that one ;)

My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

#12 2010-01-09 21:30:51

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

tosca wrote:

jdd wrote:

automagically :-)

I like that one ;)

+1 ! :-)

jdd wrote:

oh well... and this image is not the only one to be accessible, all the category is (image is just default).

It would be good to be able to show only one image without creating a category by itself (or doing this automagically :-)

thanks anyway
jdd

I need to think about that...

#13 2010-05-19 16:46:49

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Hi ;

I just tested Event Cats with version 2.1, it is unfortunately not immediately compatible :-( ...

But it should not be too much complicated to correct ; I should post a compatible version quite soon.

Cheers !

#14 2010-05-22 02:11:55

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

The version 1.2.2 is Piwigo 2.1 compliant.

I must say I've not tested really as much as I should have done... but normally it should be OK.

Sorry for being late :-/ ...

#15 2011-01-28 22:57:47

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Version 1.2.4 fixes [Bugtracker] ticket 2135 and adds Latvian, many thanks to cljosse, ddtddt and Aivars Baldone.

See you soon for new features, as there are some ideas to be implemented ;-)

•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] Event Cats, to easily share private categories

Board footer