Announcement

#1 2009-05-19 19:08:52

Maren
1970-01-01

pLoader error

Hello, I have just installed the piwigio for the first time and I have tried to upload photos, but when I select pictures, then I got an error attached. I have ignore it and transfered files on web, I can see them in directory ./upload/buffer with extension *.block, but I don't see them in gallery (f.e. as waiting). Of course I can upload it with FTP, but for another users should be better to use pLoader. :)

When I have tried it with registered user (without administration right's), I had same error even I wasn't able to upload the pictures - error 401 access denied. Folders ./upload and ./galleries have 777 rights.

I'm sorry, if there is some same topic with this problem, I didn't found it.

#2 2009-05-19 22:28:30

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: pLoader error

Hi Maren and welcome to Piwigo community :-)

Maren wrote:

I have tried to upload photos, but when I select pictures, then I got an error attached.

I'll send you an email to have your photo. The problem certainly comes from the photo itself.

Do you run on Linux/Windows ? which version?

Maren wrote:

I have ignore it and transfered files on web, I can see them in directory ./upload/buffer with extension *.block, but I don't see them in gallery (f.e. as waiting)

The upload/buffer/*.block files are only visible during the transfer. Once the photo is added, the corresponding buffered blocks are removed.

When you upload a photo with pLoader, it does not require any other validation, so it's not "waiting". The "waiting" status is for photos uploaded by users (with HTML form)

When I have tried it with registered user (without administration right's), I had same error even I wasn't able to upload the pictures - error 401 access denied. Folders ./upload and ./galleries have 777 rights.

The "error 401 access denied" is not related to the directory access rights, but to the Piwigo user status. Only administrators can connect with pLoader

#3 2009-05-20 00:39:07

Maren
1970-01-01

Thanks for reply.

First, I didn't know, that if you upload the picture with pLoader, you don't need to wait for validation. My failure. :) But then, why it's "stucked" in the buffer?
I'm running the pLoader on Windows, my web is running on Linux.

The second thing was, that I suppose, that the pLoader is exactly for users, because it's much easier for "normal" users to upload photos in this way, instead of the FTP.

I have send you the example of the picture in the email, which I've tried to upload.

Thanks

Last edited by Maren (2009-05-20 09:55:21)

#4 2010-03-01 14:38:23

Marco van Roosendaal

Hi,

I got a question with regars to Ploader and my recent moved website.
The old situation was a local server at home and all worked very well. Recently I decided to move this installation to a provider, and got the piwigo installation running (www.van-roosendaal.net).
However, if I try to connect to this server Ploader indicates that the admin is not authorized, and therefore I cannot upload any photo´s now. The admin can logon to the admin part without a problem
I´m using Ploader 2.0.7c and Piwigo 2.0.8.

I assume it should have something to do with access rights, but I don´t know where to check/set these rights.
Can you please help me?

Many thanks in advance

Board footer