Announcement

#1 2010-04-27 17:25:25

djanddisco
2010-04-27

No option to upload for Admin or Registered users

Hello all,

I'm sure this has probably been asked before however I cannot find anything on here.
I have just installed Piwigo to http://www.djanddisco.co.uk/customergallery
The reason for my install is so customers can post images once they have registered the problem I have is there is no option to upload images,  I dont want the customers to have to use the Ploader, is there any way around this or do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks you for your help in advance :)

Lee

#2 2010-04-27 17:31:13

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: No option to upload for Admin or Registered users

Warning: you're using Piwigo 2.1.0RC2, it is not "production ready". I know you installed it with SimpleScripts (and I notified them to avoid the RC* releases).

For the "user upload" upload, check the "Help me" link in the administration header and the "User Upload" tab.

#3 2010-04-27 17:36:48

djanddisco
2010-04-27

Re: No option to upload for Admin or Registered users

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response,  I have already checked the below instructions and still not having much luck. 
Users can upload their photos too.

Authorize upload on any physical category (Administration » Categories » Manage » edit or Administration » Categories » Properties » Upload). Virtual categories can't receive any upload.
Give write access on corresponding directories.
Photos uploaded by users are not directly visible on the website. An administrator must validate uploaded photos in Administration » Photos » Waiting to accept or reject the proposed photos.

Do I need to change anything within my hosting?

Also should I unistall this version and install an older version if this is not "production ready"?

Thanks again

Board footer