Announcement

#1 2010-06-10 20:52:15

JulianR

sort categories and subcategories according to their name.

I wonder if it possible to organize the categories and subcategories by name ... seconds as shown in the table. piwigo_categories with the column name.

currently do this manually by going to the function given categories. and choose the category and I alphanum reverse. I wonder if piwigo may do so by default, I can see or find how to change this?

PD: I apologize for the misuse of the English language ... Well this is not my mother tongue.

#2 2010-06-10 21:02:52

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

Re: sort categories and subcategories according to their name.

JulianR wrote:

I wonder if it possible to organize the categories and subcategories by name ... seconds as shown in the table. piwigo_categories with the column name.

currently do this manually by going to the function given categories. and choose the category and I alphanum reverse. I wonder if piwigo may do so by default, I can see or find how to change this?

To sort categories, or sub-categories within a category, you can choose either alphanumerical order, or reverse alphanumerical order, or drag and drop categories to reorganize them.

Don't forget to "save order" once you're done.

There is no other way to do it (sorting the pictures within their category is another matter).

JulianR wrote:

PD: I apologize for the misuse of the English language ... Well this is not my mother tongue.

Not mine either ;-)
You might be more comfortable in one of the other languages: we maintain 10 different forum (see languages flags in the upper right corner).

My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

#3 2010-06-10 23:15:30

JulianR

First of all I very much appreciate your interest, and your response...

what you say is correct, in fact this is how I have to organize all the subcategories and categories ... giving a "reverse alphanumerical order" and after recording. But what I wonder is whether it is possible piwigo do this to all new default categories ... without my having to go to do it manually. that the option "reverse alphanumerical order" is by default in piwigo. Is this possible?

PD:Again sorry for my English, and thanks for the collaboration and interest paid.

#4 2010-06-10 23:51:38

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

JulianR wrote:

But what I wonder is whether it is possible piwigo do this to all new default categories ... without my having to go to do it manually. that the option "reverse alphanumerical order" is by default in piwigo. Is this possible?

As far as I know, it is not possible; when you create a new category, you have to choose where you put it.

#5 2010-06-11 01:12:15

JulianR

But what I need is to know how to do a bit to automate this process with some script or something ... or that part of the database is saved that option ....?

That is one I can go and enter each category and subcategory that you want to organize each of them so ... alphanumerical order, or reverse alphanumerical order, and save ... But my problem is that by default uses piwigo alphanumerical order ... I need to change this way to reverse alphanumerical order. through some script or by entering the database or something ... What happens is that I am completely lost, I have no idea where piwigo take or store this value. Someone please give us a little help in this regard. since it is very important for me since my sub-categories are growing daily in an average of 200 daily ... and now need to organize a aproximandamente 5000. So this would be of great help to me ..

PD:Again sorry for my English, and thanks for the collaboration and interest paid.

:D

#6 2010-06-11 07:46:07

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

There is no such thing as a default sorting order for category.
Every time you create a new category, it gets the next available id and is simply added to the categories table; and it remains the last till you've put it elsewhere (by drag & drop), or re-sort all the existing categories using the alphanumerical order ... or add a new category that will go further behind this one.

Use PhpMyAdmin to look at your categories table structure, and you will see in which fields the actual sorting order (see screencopy) is saved: rank, and maybe global_rank (I'll ask a developer for details).

Please explain what you're trying to do with so many categories, with such a growing trend. There might be a better way to use Piwigo in order to achieve your goal.

Last edited by tosca (2010-06-11 08:27:39)

#7 2010-06-11 10:22:14

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

JulianR wrote:

I need to change this way to reverse alphanumerical order. through some script or by entering the database or something ...

Piwigo last version 2.1.1 has a reverse alpha sort in category management.
Don't forget to save the new order before leaving the page.
;-)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#8 2010-06-14 12:15:31

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

It sounds a lot like this : [Bugtracker] ticket 408

What's your opinion?

#9 2010-06-15 22:36:30

JulianR

Good afternoon, First of all. thanks for your attention ...

I was looking at the links ... http://piwigo.org/bugs/view.php?id=408  ... of the request made by the previous partner. Well, actually, that would help a lot in my problems ... For if the sub-categories can be arranged from the main category .. for me this would be enough ... Even that should be some default option. ie everyone has different ways to organize your categories, to which should be some way you can manage this by default.

PD: thanks

#10 2010-06-25 06:14:11

JulianR

Good night, regarding the request already made by another user ... http://piwigo.org/bugs/view.php?id=408 I ask a question ... How soon could be ready this new function to organize the categories and subcategories?

#11 2010-07-13 16:22:41

JulianR

They have taken some solution to this problem directly from the menu? or a solution.

Board footer