Announcement

#1 2010-05-27 14:23:10

kaesi_jones
2010-05-27

user has to be confirmed by admin

Hello!
Im looking for a way that a new registered user has to be confirmed by an admin befor he can do anything (write comments etc.). Maybe he should get a notice, that his username will be activated after an admin has confirmed it.

Many thanks for your help!

#2 2010-05-27 14:38:06

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: user has to be confirmed by admin

Hi kaesi_jones

[extension by Eric] UserAdvManager should do the job (and much more, but user registration by admins is an option)

#3 2010-05-27 15:01:37

kaesi_jones
2010-05-27

Hi plg,
thank's a lot for answering so soon. I've already tested that extension and it`s really fine! But how can the user see, that his registration was successfull and that he has to wait until the admin confirmed his access (instead of an e-mail)?

#4 2010-05-27 17:17:37

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi kaesi_jones,

In fact, the plugin called NBC_UserAdvManager (aka UAM) does not perform an administrator validation for new registered user. This feature will be added soon (maybe on next release). Actually, UAM permits to force new registered user to validate their email address before access to the full gallery's features. Gallery admins doesn't have to validate anything.

To let the new registered user know if they access the gallery with restrictions (not validated) or not (validated), UAM plugin should be used in conjunction with another plugin: PWG_Stuffs.

You'll find the complete process in UAM's tips part (see attachement).

#5 2010-05-28 08:49:00

kaesi_jones
2010-05-27

Hi Eric,

thank you for answering. I just read the UAM tips and have to say, that this is already a good solution. Until the release of the new feature I'm going to handle it that way.

#6 2010-06-17 13:52:51

phil31

I am in deep problem ... I installed UAM and since then I can not connect as root to my site.
It seems even that the confirmation mechansim for another user does not send to me any mail ...

Any idea on how to get back to my admin account locally ?

Thanks in advance I am a newbee in Piwigo (I am sure I did a mistake in my config and that the UAM service is perfect but I end up in a dead end place)

My site :
http://philou.webhop.net/photos

Philippe

#7 2010-06-17 14:16:35

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

phil31 wrote:

I installed UAM and since then I can not connect as root to my site.
It seems even that the confirmation mechansim for another user does not send to me any mail ...

I'm not sure your problem is related to UAM ...
Anyway, you can desinstall it manually by removing its folder from the /plugins subdirectory.

phil31 wrote:

Any idea on how to get back to my admin account locally ?

You're sure about your Piwigo user and password ? These are different from both the MySQL and FTP ones.

Last edited by tosca (2010-06-17 14:16:55)

My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

#8 2010-06-17 16:50:05

phil31

Exact you were right ! I managed to resolve my issue it was a wrong admin password ... that I have mistaken with another one.

Nothing to see with UAM as you said !

Anyway I am obliged to do the transfer from Group Attente to Group Validés manually for the people who registered.

No mail sending for me ... Shall my web server be linked with a mail server or ... I am running all that from a sheevaplug !

Thank you very much for your help.

#9 2010-06-18 11:26:05

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

phil31 wrote:

Anyway I am obliged to do the transfer from Group Attente to Group Validés manually for the people who registered.

No mail sending for me ... Shall my web server be linked with a mail server or ... I am running all that from a sheevaplug !

Thank you very much for your help.

sheevaplug runs under Ubuntu OS so you've a LAMP server. Please, see Apache and PHP documentation to find how to configure and use the php mailer function.

Anyway, it seems you're French. You should find more support in your language on the Piwigo's FR forum

Board footer