Announcement

#1 2010-06-29 10:06:54

cmrabet

Serious problems when uploading

Hi,

I have two physical categories set to private with upload enabled. Also i have assigned am group of users to it. When I try to upload a picture using the default upload form, it works without any problem. However when I try to do this with Uploader+ the files show an explanation in yellow triangle saying:

"Failed: Access denied for selected category, Unable to continue, fatal errors".

I have noticed two things:

a) The Uploader+ applet does not have a categories selector, so I assumed I have to surf into the category where I want to upload the file a then call Uploader+
b) The first time I click on the Uploader+ link to call the applet, just a gray box shows up. I have to reload the page (browser) in order to have the Java thing starting up.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

#2 2010-06-29 10:28:49

cmrabet
Spain
2010-06-29

Re: Serious problems when uploading

Registered.

#3 2010-06-29 12:30:29

cmrabet
Spain
2010-06-29

I am using Uploader+ because I find it easier for my users than having to download the pLoader and run from the PCs. Many of my users are elder people, and moreover when pLoader does not have a clear installation package, but just to unzip, and having to look for the executable into the BIN folder.

I had issues with my users complaining about this, so I found Uploader+ easier and clearer, but unfortunately it is giving me this error.

#4 2010-06-29 12:36:33

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi cmbaret,

Did you give appropriate permissions on the category folder? (I mean something like 777 on galleries/path/to/category)

#5 2010-06-29 13:57:59

cmrabet
Spain
2010-06-29

Yes I did, all the folders under my galleries directory are 777, but I still get the error. With the in built upload form I can upload pictures with no problems.

#6 2010-07-02 11:11:01

cmrabet
Spain
2010-06-29

Hi again,

I still can't fix this issue. I did everything, all my folderes have full rights (777), all my users can upload within the selected category when using the default upload form, but I still get the access error when uploading with the Uploader+.

Now my concern is that probably Uploader+ is trying to copy the file somwhere else, where I have no 777 rights (I have just set this to the category folder into galleries). My questions are:

a) Where does Uploader+ upload the pictures? Into the category where the user is in every moment?
b) How can I know what is the folder Uploader+ is trying to save the file?

Please, I really appreciate your help on this, right now my gallery is off because my users can not upload their pictures.

Thanks.

#7 2010-07-02 11:45:11

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi cmbaret,

I just tested Uploader+ (for the first time, before I had no Java available). (nice plugin by the way)

cmbaret wrote:

"Failed: Access denied for selected category, Unable to continue, fatal errors".

I've searched into Uploader+ soure code and I see that this error message occurs when the category is forbidden for the user.

1) did you give you user the permission to see this category?
2) is the category empty? see [Bugtracker] ticket 1492 (just add a photo and the category will become permitted)

#8 2010-07-02 12:16:25

cmrabet
Spain
2010-06-29

plg wrote:

Hi cmbaret,

I just tested Uploader+ (for the first time, before I had no Java available). (nice plugin by the way)

cmbaret wrote:

I've searched into Uploader+ soure code and I see that this error message occurs when the category is forbidden for the user.

1) did you give you user the permission to see this category?
2) is the category empty? see [Bugtracker] ticket 1492 (just add a photo and the category will become permitted)

HI,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I am attaching pictures so you can see what I have:

For your questions:

1) Yes, I am actually trying with admin, which has access to the category I want to upload pictures to "Pendientes" as you can see in the pictures.
2) No, I am aware of this bug. I have uploaded to it a question mark picture as you can see in the pictures attached.

Also the physical directories in my FTP tree are all 777.

Hope this can get you more ideas.

I really appreciate your help.

Reagrds,

EDIT: Solved uploading pictures issue.

Last edited by cmrabet (2010-07-02 12:30:33)

#9 2010-07-02 15:39:26

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

cmrabet wrote:

Can you give some details? Do you still have any problem or not? What was the problem?

#10 2010-07-02 18:25:46

cmrabet
Spain
2010-06-29

plg wrote:

cmrabet wrote:

Can you give some details? Do you still have any problem or not? What was the problem?

Sorry for the confusion.

I had problems trying to upload pictures for my last post, and I had to open many posts. Then I realized the size of the pictures were out of the limits, so I deleted all the posts and wrote that message because I supposed you the admins would notice missing posts, but it has nothing to do with my real issue.

I am still not able to make the Uploader+ to work, that is why I attached the pictures on the previous post, so you guys can take a look to it.

Regards,

#11 2010-07-05 10:06:09

cmrabet
Spain
2010-06-29

Any help with this? I am stuck here. I don't see what else I can check.

Board footer