Announcement

  •  » Website
  •  » Piwigo demo, reloaded

#1 2010-07-04 01:34:49

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13526

Piwigo demo, reloaded

Hi Piwigo Community,

I have prepared a demo of Piwigo that you can see on http://piwigo.org/newdemo

In my opinion, this new demo has several advantages:

* overall better quality photos
* 3 times less photos (600 versus 200)
* covers many subjects: portrait, family, studio, sport, landscape, city, countryside, sunset, events and travels, animals...
* geo-localization
* does not try to explain what are the features in Piwigo, it is just a beautiful gallery with a high quality content + many descriptions

By the way, thank you to several Piwigo users for authorizing the use of their photos : rvelices, SNF69, Zaphod, Vincent Goumont, Bernard Le Gall, P@t.

What's your opinion about replacing current piwigo.org/demo with this demo?

edit: I had started to say that this demo had been prepared for Piwigo.com but this demo is not specific to Piwigo.com. I don't want people to get confused so I moved it to piwigo.org/newdemo. This is a demo of Piwigo, not a demo of Piwigo.com in any way.

Offline

 

#2 2010-07-04 08:00:10

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04
17680

Re: Piwigo demo, reloaded

plg wrote:

This demo is not specific to Piwigo.com and I would like to use the same content on http://piwigo.org/demo

I agree mainly the logic of Piwigo.com demo.
But I disagree to be limited on Piwigo.org demo and to have the same content.

Because the goals are different and making the same demo is creating confusion.
I gave more reason details to plg elsewhere.
Behind, my conclusion is the same: please, no.


Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

Offline

 

#3 2010-07-04 09:13:19

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13526

Re: Piwigo demo, reloaded

VDigital wrote:

plg wrote:

This demo is not specific to Piwigo.com and I would like to use the same content on http://piwigo.org/demo

I agree mainly the logic of Piwigo.com demo.
But I disagree to be limited on Piwigo.org demo and to have the same content.

Limited?
The purpose of the Piwigo.com demo is not different from the purpose of the Piwigo.org demo. The purpose of the demo is to illustrate Piwigo features.

Offline

 

#4 2010-07-05 11:57:36

rvelices
Piwigo Team
2005-12-29
1960

Re: Piwigo demo, reloaded

plg wrote:

* does not try to explain what are the features in Piwigo,
...
What's your opinion about replacing current piwigo.org/demo with this demo?

I have no strong opinion for or against. However I find a bit odd that we don't try to underline existing features. In the end this is what people are looking for when going to a demo ...

Offline

 

#5 2010-07-05 12:01:01

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23
567

Re: Piwigo demo, reloaded

rvelices wrote:

I find a bit odd that we don't try to underline existing features. In the end this is what people are looking for when going to a demo ...

+1


My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

Offline

 

#6 2010-07-05 13:22:33

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13526

Re: Piwigo demo, reloaded

tosca wrote:

rvelices wrote:

I find a bit odd that we don't try to underline existing features. In the end this is what people are looking for when going to a demo ...

+1

The Features page also needs an update (if we want people to read it), wouldn't it be good to have some links to the demo (when it's relevant, some features are not "visual" at all) from this page?

In the current demo, there is a category dedicated to describe features (1 sub-category for each feature) and I find it very confusing. mathiasm advised me to add some features description in normal category descriptions. For example, in the Fauna/Mammals category, the description would encourage the visitor to try the "flatten hierarchy" feature to see "Domesticated" and "Wild" mammals at once. I think this is a good compromise.

Offline

 
  •  » Website
  •  » Piwigo demo, reloaded

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2022 · Contact