Announcement

#1 2010-07-24 11:27:09

sonreir
2009-05-03

[resolved] Random Pictures --> not working correctly...

Hi,

got a problem...every time i hit the random picture button in the menu....well i got my random picture then in thumbnail format. But whenever i click on one of this thumbnails no picture is being shown...instead i got an error page which says :

picture identifier is missing

And this is happening with each picture i want to see ? Does someone know the solution for that ? Because it's a pity that this one is not working....lot's of people use this button on my gallery. And i know that it worked before...but i haven't change anything on the code. :(

Thx in advance ! :)

#2 2010-07-24 11:43:07

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [resolved] Random Pictures --> not working correctly...

Hi sonreir,

Yes I also use this feature myself very often, it was an easy one to code and very pleasant to re-discover your own photos...

I've encountered problems with this feature when you have limitation on the length for URL parameters. Do you have "suhosin" activated on your server? (look PHP info on Piwigo administration homepage), see also [Bugtracker] ticket 1651

#3 2010-07-24 12:01:58

sonreir
2009-05-03

Oh...it works ...thx ! I just deinstalled the suhosin extension because hadn't anything written in the php.ini.
But another question...suhosin is for some security reason there...how important is it to have it installed ?

#4 2010-07-24 23:36:09

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

sonreir wrote:

But another question...suhosin is for some security reason there...how important is it to have it installed ?

if possible, keep the suhosin extension, but increase the suhosin.cookie.max_array_index_length value

#5 2010-07-25 12:37:11

sonreir
2009-05-03

Hi,

well i try to reproduce that but wasn't lucky with it. The thing is...if i deinstall the suhosin patch,everything works fine with the random pictures. I got no error page. But when it is installed i somehow didn't find the right parameters to change...i always got the error page. These are the things I already tried.

in my .../php5/conf.d/suhosin.ini file i uncommented the " suhosin.cookie.max_array_index_length " and tried different values....starting with 1024, then 2048...then 10000,....120000 .... After each entry, I started Apache....but after trying to choose a picture out of the random thumbnails i got the error page.
Ok...then I also uncommented this here : "suhosin.request.max_array_index_length " because it's in the bugtracker...and tried here the same values....but also the same error page.

Maybe php needs to know that suhosin "exists" ?

Ok...i added these lines :

extension="suhosin.so"
[suhosin]
suhosin.simulation="Off"
;suhosin.apc_bug_workaround = Off
;suhosin.multiheader = Off
suhosin.mail.protect = 1

to each of my php.ini's in my php5 directory. Started Apache2 each time again....but still the error page.... :(((((((

I deinstalled suhosin extension...and it worked.... hmmmmm .

Do i forgot to uncomment something...or do I have to try different values ???

#6 2013-05-28 10:36:47

Mark O'Shea
2013-05-27

Hi,

I've had the same problem as this but managed to fix mine by editing the suhosin.ini file.

Take a look at this topic for details:

[Forum, post 143208 by plg in topic 22150] 'Random photos' menu option not displaying thumbnails correctly.

Cheers

Mark

Board footer