Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] Simple White hide meta data

#1 2010-08-16 20:33:04

Davids
Basingstoke, UK
2010-02-04

[resolved] Simple White hide meta data

Hi, I have piwigo 2.1.2 installed with simple white theme latest version. I would like to hide the meta data on the picture page. It appears that there is bug with this theme as I am unable to hide the meta data using the configuration (unticked metadata icon) although this works with other themes. Using IE8 with Windows Vista. Any fix available please??

#2 2010-08-16 23:57:33

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [resolved] Simple White hide meta data

Hi Davids,

There is no "icon" to hide metadata on Simple White theme. Just a text link "show file metadata". What happens when you click on it? What are the displayed information? (before and after you click)

#3 2010-08-17 19:54:46

Davids
Basingstoke, UK
2010-02-04

Hi, in response to your question the image page shows the text "show file metadata" below the text "slideshow" and above other information including "Author", "Tags" etc. When I click on "show file metadata" the page returns to my home page as if it had a link to home page.  My objective was to hide the metadata which is done, but not very elegantly! I admit I had not checked the effect of clicking as I imagined there had been no change when I saw that the text message was still visible. The question remains as to how to delete the text and the link? Your help would be appreciated, many thanks. David.

#4 2010-08-18 11:36:02

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Davids wrote:

It appears that there is bug with this theme as I am unable to hide the meta data using the configuration (unticked metadata icon)

You're right, the "Simple" themes does not comply with this configuration setting. I notify the theme author (saimon) about that.

I don't understand why this link redirects you to your gallery homepage. I don't have this behavior in Firefox.

To hide the "Show file metadata" link, [wiki] create a new theme, call it "simple-davids" and set "simple-white" as parent.

Then inside the simple-davids directory, create a "template" directory and copy the simple/template/picture.tpl to simple-davids/template.

Then modify simple-davids/template/picture.tpl and remove:

Code:

<li><a href="{$U_METADATA}" title="{'Show file metadata'|@translate}" rel="nofollow">{'Show file metadata'|@translate}</a></li>

#5 2010-08-18 21:07:04

Davids
Basingstoke, UK
2010-02-04

Hi, I have created new theme as you suggest. The new theme effectively hides the "show metadata" text. My only problem is to set this theme as the default theme. It does not show in the configuration/theme menu neither does it show in the user/manage/preferences. I have only been able to test it as it shows in the multiview plugin.
Regarding the previous link to home page I should perhaps mention that my home page is an "additional page" which is perhaps why there was a different response to you. David.

#6 2010-08-18 22:04:01

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Did you activate/set as default your theme on [Administration > Configuration > Themes] ?

#7 2010-08-19 19:33:41

Davids
Basingstoke, UK
2010-02-04

No I didn't activate the theme as I mentioned in my previous post the theme does not appear in the list of themes so I have nothing to activate. :(
UPDATE!
I have solved the problem. I had not realised that I needed to change the name in first bloc of new theme. It now works perfectly. Many thanks, David.

Last edited by Davids (2010-08-19 19:46:10)

#8 2010-08-23 19:49:30

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

OK, nice to read this, I consider this topic as resolved :-)

#9 2010-08-27 21:19:59

saimon
2006-12-04

thanks for the notification, I note the issue !

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] Simple White hide meta data

Board footer