Announcement

#1 2010-08-29 00:52:36

dmstive
2010-07-30

[resolved] Can only login as Admin if 'auto login' is checked? Help plz!

----------------------
Piwigo 2.1.2
Hostgator
Php 5
Mysql:
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server version: 5.1.47
Protocol version: 10
User: xxxxxxxxxxxx@localhost
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

I installed Piwigo with the Hostgator script installer first, had the issue described below, then installed piwigo manually and am still facing the same issue.
---------------------

I was experiencing installation issues initially, but I have edited this post to reflect the latest issues plaguing my site...

Once the installation process is complete, I go to my url www. mysite.com/photos/index.php and I am shown a page where it asks for my Username and Password; I enter the webmaster Username and Password that I created during the installation process and nothing happens. The page refreshes, and it does not log me in nor does it give me any errors!

I tried in firefox and it works just fine, but in IE8 it does not work unless I put a check in "auto login". I have default IE8 settings with cookies enabled.

In firefox I have full webmaster privelages in terms of creating groups, adding categories, etc., but when I am in through IE8 it tells me I am not authorized.

Please I really need help with this issue as soon as possible :(

Thanks,
dmstive

Last edited by dmstive (2010-08-30 05:48:28)

#2 2010-08-30 05:49:16

dmstive
2010-07-30

Re: [resolved] Can only login as Admin if 'auto login' is checked? Help plz!

bump

#3 2010-08-30 07:05:23

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Use you a redirect?
IE8 Phishing Filter ?

Problem cookies ?

Can you give me a link to your site
by Private Message if you wish

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#4 2010-08-30 07:54:23

dmstive
2010-07-30

No redirect, no phishing, and I have my browser set to its defaults settings... I even tried accepting all cookies to see if it would correct the issue but no luck.  BTW, I had piwigo installed locally and it was working just fine in all browsers; the issue has come up since I installed it on my hostgator webserver.

#5 2010-08-30 08:32:29

dmstive
2010-07-30

ddtddt Thank you very much for verifying proper functionality. Earlier in the day I cleared my cookies in IE8 with my piwigo page still open and it did not seem to fix the problem. Since noticing that it worked in firefox, and now that it worked for you in IE8; I closed all piwigo windows in IE8, cleared cookies and temp files, and now it is working.

Sometimes I get so caught up into this stuff that I overlook the fundamental, most obvious thing to do :)

Thanks for your help and I hope someone else finds this post useful incase they run into the same silly error I was experiencing.

Till next time,
Steve

#6 2010-08-30 08:34:07

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Great if it works :-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#7 2012-10-02 09:29:56

goangaus
2012-01-13

Is it any way I can set this "Auto login" checkbox set as default?
Or can you indicate the source that I have to change? I have some server performance issues and I am logged out after a certain number of pictures if this checkbox is not set.

Board footer