Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Accomodating larger thumbnails in gally/* themes?

#1 2010-10-17 05:15:58

mark01

Accomodating larger thumbnails in gally/* themes?

Hi,

First, thanks for the excellent work on Piwigo and the gally themes.  It took me a while to find piwigo but I really like it.  It works great on my low-power ARM server, unlike some of the other popular choices which demand a lot of server CPU.

I migrated a bunch of galleries to piwigo 2.1.2 from my own hacked-up PHP gallery.  The thumbnail size can be up to 160 pixels high or wide.  I'm finding the gally themes don't handle this very well on the album-list pages; the album names overwrite the thumbnails and when there are many albums there is a funny wrapping problem where one space goes empty.   (My galleries:  http://www.keteu.org/piwigo/)  Some other themes aslo have problems (Kardon) while others are fine (simple gray).

Is there a way to enlarge the thumbnail area expected by these themes?

Regards,

Mark

#2 2010-10-17 10:00:31

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Accomodating larger thumbnails in gally/* themes?

1) install/activate [extension by Piwigo Team] LocalFiles Editor from screen [Administration > Plugins > Manage]

2) open [Administration > Plugins > LocalFiles Editor > CSS], select "local/css/gally-graphite-rules.css file and paste the following code:

Code:

.thumbnailCategory .illustration {width:180px}

#3 2010-10-17 10:03:09

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Even if we can change this with a CSS rules, it is not very user friendly and often requested. A configuration parameter would be nice (for all themes, not specifically for gally*)

#4 2010-10-18 18:44:09

mark01

Thanks; that definitely helps!  Now the thumbnails don't overwrite the category text.  But, the large gray bars used to by gally-graphite to hold the thumbnail + category text aren't tall enough for the case of vertical 160px thumbs---the thumbnail hangs below the border of the gray bar.  That isn't so terrible, except that in certain cases it causes bad wrapping behavior; see here:

http://www.keteu.org/piwigo/index.php?/category/9

and notice the gap on the left side, part way down.  (I think it happens whenever the line above has a vertical thumbnail on the left side and a horizontal thumbnail on the right side.)

Mark

#5 2010-10-19 01:26:09

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

add this CSS rule:

Code:

.thumbnailCategory .description {height:160px}

#6 2010-10-22 21:46:23

mark01

Thanks!  That did the trick.  I wish I were more fluent in CSS.

#7 2010-10-22 21:51:44

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Your photo gallery is really nice! Unfortunately, it looks a bit empty because with [extension by grum] Gally/Graphite a large place is dedicated to album description and you have no description :-/ Do you plan to add some descriptions?

•  » Extensions
  •  » Accomodating larger thumbnails in gally/* themes?

Board footer