Announcement

#1 2011-03-27 14:56:19

Leeandrew
2011-03-24

A way to prevent duplicate images

Hello,

I have noticed that in some of my bigger categories (ones containing 300+ photos) that there are some images duplicated.
Since the uploader in admin prevents me from uploading all images at once I have to upload in small parts and duplication is sometime unavoidable.
Is there a way to scan categories for duplicates and delete where appropriate? Or an extension that does this job? Or is it just a case of sifting through all the photos and looking for duplicates?

Thanks.

#2 2011-03-27 16:22:49

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: A way to prevent duplicate images

What do you mean by "duplicated images" ?
Is it picture with the same name, or pictures with a different name but in fact the same file ?

In older versions, we had a way to remove picture with the same name from the maintenance page but it seems we have removed it

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2011-03-27 18:16:43

Leeandrew
2011-03-24

flop25 wrote:

What do you mean by "duplicated images" ?
Is it picture with the same name, or pictures with a different name but in fact the same file ?

In older versions, we had a way to remove picture with the same name from the maintenance page but it seems we have removed it

A way to prevent the same image with same name, an exact carbon copy in every way. There doesn't seem to be a way in the admin backend but in ploader there is an option to replace existing images with same name - so I'm gonna use ploader from now on.

#4 2020-10-31 03:47:36

piwent
2020-10-24

[I know this is a 9 year old post, but it doesn't have a current answer]

Now in the Photos>Batch Manger you can use a Preset filter to call up all the duplicates, chosen based on file name, size, and/or dimensions.

I'm wondering if anyone has thought about adding a way to prevent duplicates from being uploaded in the first place. I imagine something like a warning box alerting that there is a potential duplicate in the batch.

Board footer