Announcement

#1 2011-03-24 23:50:22

Bozo
2011-03-19

Can I make Piclens default in my folders?

Hey everyone!

I've got piwigo and I've think I've done a pretty good job on it, I've added lots of extensions etc, edited the css, and template files, right down even to the registration screen. But theres just one thing I can't change...

I created the site for my brother, who isn't great with computers so don't want him messing about in the admin area, but he is going to be the main uploader to the gallery. I've split the gallery into 2 folders, a video folder, and a photo folder, with sub albums in the video folder. I have Piclens/Cooliris installed and have set it up with recusion etc, yet when a new album is added I have to manually go into the Piclens/Cooliris management section and add it to the list of albums to be thumbnailed!!

I reiterate that my bro is pretty useless with computers so don't think he'd be able to do this, and it would be a bit of a bore if I had to do it every time he added a new folder to the library.

Is there anyway that I can make Piclens/Cooliris auto load in a new folder??

Please help me iron out this one bug in my otherwise perfect site. Thanks

#2 2011-03-25 14:04:36

tiico
2007-05-29

Re: Can I make Piclens default in my folders?

Hi Bozo (and thks ddtddt for the notification!)

Just some hypothesis before explaination :
- When you wrote "a new folder", i mean that you're telling about a new category or album.
- You want to use cooliris plugin only and not the cooliris plugin with 3DWall function?

In the admin page of Cooliris plugin, you have somes tabs.
By default, when you activate the plugin, all categories have this function (on the thumbnails, you will have the cooliris logo when mouse is over and you could go to the Cooliris navigation by clicking on that logo)
- In the Tab 1 (Configuration), you need to check the second box (02 -  Activate recursivity on all sub categories) to allow Cooliris navigation to include all subcategories when you navigate on a categorie (on cooliris navidation)
There is not any other configuration parameters to change the behaviour of Cooliris plugin.

If you're talking about Cooliris 3DWall and if you have add a 3D Wall on the home page (for ex.) or on a top category page, you need to go to the third tab to choose the configuration.
If you want to add automatically a new sub category (or category if you are on home page), you need to select the option "Parameter for the 3D Wall Cooliris ==> Standard (all categories... same as Piclens parameter [tabl 1])

I hope theses responses will help you.
regards.
Tiico

#3 2011-03-25 16:02:35

Bozo
2011-03-19

Hey Tiico, thanks for the reply.

tiico wrote:

- When you wrote "a new folder", i mean that you're telling about a new category or album.

Yes I do mean category. Sorry.

tiico wrote:

- You want to use cooliris plugin only and not the cooliris plugin with 3DWall function?

It's the 3DWall function that I am referring too.

I've changed the setting as described in your reply and it's still not working exactly as I would like it too.

The bit I mean is "Navigation with Cooliris 3D Wall" is there anyway way to make each new category added to display with Cooliris 3D Wall navigation? That would be my perfect solution, so I don't need to manually change the category to display 3D wall navigation?!

Thanks again for your reply.

#4 2011-03-30 23:05:23

tiico
2007-05-29

Hi Bozo
sorry for my late reply!

For me, when you choose the "standard" config on the 3DWall configuration (on tab 3) without select any categories, it will works with all categories.
If you could send me in mp the address of that web site and perhaps an admin account to check your config, it will be good to identify exactly what is the best solution.
However, you could also send me in mp a screen copy of all the config parameters of the cooliris plugin, i could perhaps help you more...

See you
Tiico

Board footer