Announcement

#1 2011-04-01 09:17:29

IcyHot
2011-03-31

Creating a Group or can I limit access to an Album to Registered Users

So far I have to say I like what I see in Piwigo, but I am a bit confused about one thing about security.  Again I am using Piwigo 2.2.0RC4

1.  I want to create a few virtual albums that can only be accessed after you successfully register as a user.

Unless I am missing something it appears the only way I can make this work is to create a group called "registered" or something and then manually move registered users into that group?  I am hoping there is a way to automatically have a group called "users" which I guess is the name you get after you register and use that as the gatekeeper for access the Virtual Album. 

My current gallery has 1800+ registered users that have been active for at least one year, and I fear the task of manually moving users into a specific group to gain access to some albums.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  The security is the one area that is still somewhat vague to me.

Last edited by IcyHot (2011-04-01 09:20:01)

#2 2011-04-01 10:54:31

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Creating a Group or can I limit access to an Album to Registered Users

you can define a default user

All new user will have the permissions to this user

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-04-01 11:28:15

n0kS
The Moon
2011-03-16

Or you can create a group and then go to add members and select "target: all" and associate them to that group, and then set permissions for group to access whatever private virtual galleries you have. That's a very easy way to do it.

ddtddt, I don't personally know how to do what you said but I'm interested if you can explain further.

#4 2011-04-01 11:37:23

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

n0kS wrote:

ddtddt, I don't personally know how to do what you said but I'm interested if you can explain further.

1/ You create a new user and gives you the feature you want

2/ You identify id for this user (exemple 5)
to find edit profile

3) install/activate [extension by Piwigo Team] LocalFiles Editor from screen [Administration > Plugins > Manage]

4) open [Administration > Plugins > LocalFiles Editor > Local config] and paste the following code:

<?php
$conf['default_user_id'] = 5;
?>

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2011-04-01 11:53:19

n0kS
The Moon
2011-03-16

ddtddt wrote:

n0kS wrote:

1/ You create a new user and gives you the feature you want

2/ You identify id for this user (exemple 5)
to find edit profile

3) install/activate [extension by Piwigo Team] LocalFiles Editor from screen [Administration > Plugins > Manage]

4) open [Administration > Plugins > LocalFiles Editor > Local config] and paste the following code:

<?php
$conf['default_user_id'] = 5;
?>

Oh thank you very much, I was searching how to change from 'guest' to 'Anonymous'
and btw, as we are talking about that, how can I make for guest users not to input 'author' spot and all of them to appear as anonymous?

#6 2011-04-01 12:47:01

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

n0kS wrote:

as we are talking about that, how can I make for guest users not to input 'author' spot and all of them to appear as anonymous?

Where ?

or I dont understand what you want?

#7 2011-04-01 14:16:12

n0kS
The Moon
2011-03-16

I want when unregistered users open an image and they want to add a comment, I don't want users to have option to put Author. That way when an unregistered user makes a comment his username I want it to be Anonymous. (see image attached)

Board footer