Announcement

#1 2011-04-23 17:40:40

Joma

Adding Piwigo to my existing website

Hi,
I am a newbie and trying to make my website and I wanted to use piwigo for my album. I have a problem going back to my homepage when I got already inside the album.

If my piwigo url is : www.example.org/album, how do I make a link inside my piwigo album to send me out of it and back to my url homepage which is www.example.org?

Thanks

#2 2011-04-23 18:33:30

mol
Piwigo Team Germany
germany
2010-05-26

Re: Adding Piwigo to my existing website

Joma wrote:

Hi,
I am a newbie and trying to make my website and I wanted to use piwigo for my album. I have a problem going back to my homepage when I got already inside the album.

If my piwigo url is : www.example.org/album, how do I make a link inside my piwigo album to send me out of it and back to my url homepage which is www.example.org?

Thanks

use the localfileseditor (plugins), look at the  "config_default.inc.php" , there is a section

// links : list of external links to add in the menu. An example is the best
// than a long explanation :

how to make links in the menue

the example for you look like so:

$conf['links'] = array(
  'http://www.example.org' => array('label' => 'my Homepage', 'new_window' => false, 'eval_visible' => 'return true;'),
);

the "config_default.inc.php" is good documented

don´t make then changes in the original "config_default.inc.php", only with the localfileseditor in the  "local/config/config.inc.php "

Last edited by mol (2011-04-23 18:39:29)

#3 2011-04-24 18:45:47

Joma

Hi mol,
Thanks for you reply.

I found the file: "config_default.inc.php" inside the "include" folder. Inside the "config_default.inc.php", I  found the code that says:

$conf['links'] = array();
// random_index_redirect: list of 'internal' links to use when no section is defined on index.php.

but you said that I should not make any changes in it. So I left it unchanged.

I searched for this file that you said I should be making changes:
localfileseditor in the  "local/config/config.inc.php "

but I could not find that file. Instead, there is another file named: "localconf.inc.php"  inside the "plugins/LocalFilesEditor/include" folders.

Could this "localconf.inc.php" be the one you are referring to as:  "local/config/config.inc.php " ?

Here is what's inside the "localconf.inc.php" that I found:

<?php

if (!defined('PHPWG_ROOT_PATH')) die('Hacking attempt!');

$edited_file = PHPWG_ROOT_PATH.PWG_LOCAL_DIR . "config/config.inc.php";

if (file_exists($edited_file))
{
  $content_file = file_get_contents($edited_file);
}
else
{
  $content_file = "<?php\n\n/* ".l10n('locfiledit_newfile')." */\n\n\n\n\n?>";
}

$template->assign('show_default', array(
  array(
    'URL' => LOCALEDIT_PATH.'show_default.php?file=include/config_default.inc.php',
    'FILE' => 'config_default.inc.php'
    )
  )
);

$codemirror_mode = 'application/x-httpd-php';

?>

If this is the correct file, how am I going to edit this so I could get the link that I wanted?

I could, most of the time recognize php code and what they do. But because I am newbie, I could not come up with my own code yet....

Thanks again for your help.

#4 2011-04-24 19:19:27

lisaviolet
san diego, california
2011-01-03

Don't make changes to the folder you found in your file.  Because as Piwigo is updated/upgraded, those changes will be overwritten.

Bunch of stuff deleted because it's unnecessary, no strike through code available.

Okay, re-reading your post, you already have it installed. You make your changes in the window shown in my attachment. Changes shown in that window are for my gallery.

Last edited by lisaviolet (2011-04-24 19:49:08)

#5 2011-04-25 01:27:41

Joma

Hi !  lisaviolet and mol,

I thank you so much for your help.

Lisaviolet,  the screenshot you had showed me had guided me to the files that I was searching for...

and....

Mol, I used the code snippet you had given me in editing the file that I needed to edit.

Finally, I got what I wanted to do. Everything works now.

Thank you so much to both of you !!!!

#6 2011-04-25 01:35:05

lisaviolet
san diego, california
2011-01-03

Joma wrote:

Finally, I got what I wanted to do. Everything works now.

Thank you so much to both of you !!!!

Yay! 

You're welcome!

Board footer