Announcement

#1 2011-04-27 15:42:23

IcyHot
2011-03-31

pLoader and HD Images

I am trying to figure out why when I use pLoader to upload files to my new piwigo gallery it always creates a HD Image even when the image being uploaded is less than 800 x 600.  The end result is that the piwigo gallery is reporting that all images have a High Definition photo available when in fact it is just another copy of the same photo.

Is there a way for pLoader to only inform piwigo that a HD Image is available only when in fact the original image is larger than the specified dimensions specified in the global settings?  I have tried all three options in the preferences.

No -- results in no HD Image even when the original is much larger than the websize of 800 x 600

Yes, use HD resized of the orig -- This created a HD image of every photo uploaded no matter the size or the original photo

Yes, use a copy of the original photo -- This also creates an HD image of every photo uploaded, only in this case it just uses the original even when it is under 800 x 600

Specs:

Using Piwigo v 2.2.1
pLoader v1.5 for Mac

#2 2011-04-28 22:50:31

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: pLoader and HD Images

Hi IcyHot,

First, you need to know that pLoader does not care about settings defined on screen [Administration > Photos > Add > Settings]. pLoader has its own resize settings.

Second point, there is a bug in pLoader : the settings HD : Yes, use HD resized of the orig does not work. pLoader is stable and there is no code changes planned in the future since pLoader developer is now working on other projects.

Does it explain the issues you encounter?

#3 2011-04-29 07:57:08

IcyHot
2011-03-31

Re: pLoader and HD Images

Thanks for the response.  I decided to use the native batch manager and realized it does exactly what I need so I decided to just use that  :)

Board footer