Announcement

#1 2011-06-25 01:06:14

nikond700
2011-06-25

[resolved] newly created album does not appear

Hi,

I'll try to explain the situation. The "standard"-use cases are going well, but I have some trouble with handling more than one user. I set up a fileystem subfolder "uploadtest" under the galleries folder, I put no content into the folder, I synced the system, the album shows up while using the administrative panel.
I set the "uploadtest" album to private, I created a group, a couple of users, connected the users with the group and added the group to the "uploadtest" folder. As the next thing I tried to login as one of the created users but "uploadtest" didnt show up within the menu. If I log in with the admin credentials the folder "uploadtest" gets listed within the menu. My first question is, did I miss a step?

The second thing, slightly related to above, I installed the community plugin, I defined a rule for "uploadtest" and the specific usergroup. After that my menu got an entry which allows for uploading some files being a non-admin. The strange thing is, the "uploadtest" folder is not listed within the menu, but I'm able to choose it as "upload target". Could that be a display issue, with empty albums and being a "non-admin" user?

#2 2011-06-25 01:36:55

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [resolved] newly created album does not appear

Hi nikond700 (nice camera)

What you describe is the way Piwigo works: only administrator can see an empty album on gallery side. The only exception is the plugin Community: if you have given upload permissions on an empty album, it is visible in the album list for upload.

#3 2011-06-25 10:14:08

nikond700
2011-06-25

Re: [resolved] newly created album does not appear

Ah, ok...than that is no problem at all. It's just a little strange to use. If a new user wants to upload pictures into some folder restricted by group access (and being a member of that group) and says "create subfolder" he won't be able to see the pictures even if the community access rules were  switched to "high trust". The admin must manually allow the new subalbum to be used by the "community"-group (in my case).

PS: Right now I'm quite satisfied with piwigo. I tried zenphoto before and had subtle problems with degenerated links etc. Piwigo took me about 15 minutes to install (incl. reading, downloading, setting up mysql user) and it works, so thats a big thumbs up to you guys. :)

Board footer