Announcement

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

#241 2011-06-21 17:47:22

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Re: Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

It looks like "next week" is taking longer than anticipated.
The good news are, we have caught a number of tricky bugs, added French translation and prepared the plug-in for some improvements in the upcoming version of Piwigo. The new version of the plug-in should be released soon, very soon. Thank you for your patience.

#242 2011-06-21 21:15:17

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

Good news.

In the current version (1.3.4), I've got problems when deleting photos.
Only the last uploaded picture could be deleted from Ligthroom.

Is it one of the corrected bugs in the future version?

Last edited by Zaphod (2011-06-21 22:55:14)

#243 2011-06-21 21:24:28

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Yes, there was a couple of bugs related to photo deletion - all fixed in the upcoming version.

#244 2011-06-21 22:51:07

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

Thanks!

#245 2011-06-23 03:30:40

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Great News!
Piwigo Plug-in Version 1.4.0 is available for download. Please note, the plugin now requires a registration fee of $15, this is mostly due to the enormous amount of effort it took to implement all the great new features.

Change List:

* Made substantial performance improvements when publishing photos to smart collections.
* Renaming albums now works correctly.
* Added the ability to upload only the metadata for selected photos - title, description, author name, keywords.
* Fixed the issue with the Un-mark to Republish feature for smart collections.
* Added French translation - big thanks to Julien Moreau.
* Now before deleting albums the plug-in checks if there are photos on the Piwigo service and issues a more comprehensive warning message than the default Lightroom's one.
* The plug-in now can automatically update itself.
* Improved the ability to re-try uploading photos that failed to upload due to a server error.
* Photos that failed to upload are now displayed in a list box with the ability to save the list to a text file.
* The debug log is now submitted in a compressed form to improve performance.
* Now you can use the Enter key to start a new line in the Submit Debug Log window.
* Many other fixes and minor improvements.

Plug-in Home Page: http://alloyphoto.com/plugins/piwigo/

Last edited by alloyphoto (2011-06-23 03:35:51)

#246 2011-06-23 08:01:38

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

Great news.

Perhaps the topic should be moved to another location than "Beta testing" in this forums?

One question: what is the policy about updates when you are registered?

#247 2011-06-23 17:50:14

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

The policy regarding updates is pretty standard:

All minor updates and upgrades are free, major upgrades may involve an additional fee. Although quite frankly I don't think there will be any major upgrades in the near future.

The plug-in will support the ability to control the sort order of photos in the next release of Piwigo. The ability is already in the plug-in and we are just waiting for Piwigo version 2.3 release.

#248 2011-06-23 18:28:35

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

alloyphoto wrote:

The plug-in will support the ability to control the sort order of photos in the next release of Piwigo. The ability is already in the plug-in and we are just waiting for Piwigo version 2.3 release.

Excellent. I think I'll install Piwigo 2.3 beta to see how it works.

#249 2011-06-29 20:40:37

Loic80l

With the last version 1.4.0 and revision 693, I notice the following problem:
1/ I move a picture from a smart album to another
2/ The picture is marked as “to be deleted” in the previous album and “to be added” in the new album in Lightroom
3/ When the upload is done in my website, the picture is as well in the new album and the previous album.
4/ As the picture is now not anymore in the previous album, I cannot delete it anymore on my website
Is it understandable?

#250 2011-07-07 02:58:01

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Loic80l wrote:

1/ I move a picture from a smart album to another
2/ The picture is marked as “to be deleted” in the previous album and “to be added” in the new album in Lightroom

Not sure I understand how you move a picture from a smart album. Smart albums don't allow photos to be added or removed directly (via drag-and-drop). To remove a photo from a smart album you can only modify the metadata of that photo so it no longer matches smart collection's inclusion rules.
Could you give a more detailed description of your actions to achieve that? Thanks.

#251 2011-07-08 03:19:41

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Piwigo plug-in version 1.4.1 is available: http://alloyphoto.com/plugins/piwigo/

*  Fixed the "image_id not found" error when re-publishing or retrieving comments for a photo that no longer exists on Piwigo.
*  Deleting a non-published album no longer suggests leaving the album online.
*  Now the "Extras" operations display provide feedback via summary messages at the end of processing.
*  Import Album Structure no longer creates duplicate albums for existing smart collections.
*  Fixed some errors in the French translation.

#252 2011-07-14 17:42:35

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Piwigo plug-in version 1.4.2 is available: http://alloyphoto.com/plugins/piwigo/

In this update:

*  Added the ability to retry uploading individual photos when the server times out during the upload or rejects a photo.
*  Improved plug-in's stability in case of intermittent network failures.
*  Added the ability to control the resolution of uploaded images.
*  Added the option to turn off automatic validation of Image Sizing settings.
*  The inadvertently removed in version 1.4.1 "Synchronize Metadata" function is back on the Extras screen.

#253 2011-08-24 08:02:37

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Piwigo plug-in version 1.5.0 is available: http://alloyphoto.com/plugins/piwigo/

In this update:

* The Extras dialog now detects the active publish service automatically based on the selection in the Publish Services panel.
* Fixed some formatting issues in the French translation.                                                       
* Menu items in the publish service's pop-up menu are now localized.                                             
* Added metadata fields for keeping track of photos that were uploaded via the plug-in. These fields store the upload status, date and time of the latest upload, and the direct URL to access the exported photo at Piwigo. You can access these fields in library filters, view them in the metadata browser (as “Piwigo Metadata” tagset) and in smart collection filters.
* Losing Internet connection during photo uploads is now handled correctly.

#254 2011-08-25 12:24:07

Gotcha
Former Piwigo Team
Pourrières (83) [FR]
2007-03-14

I love this plug-in !
I love your you job Vladimir. Thank you very much.

#255 2011-08-28 15:10:33

Gotcha
Former Piwigo Team
Pourrières (83) [FR]
2007-03-14

I have a question:
How to synchronize the file name?

Example.
My original file is named: _MG_1234.cr2
I publish the photo.
In lightroom I change the name to read: hollidays_1234.cr2
Can't synchronize with Piwigo_Export this field. On my gallery I always the old name.

Thank you.

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

Board footer