Announcement

#1 2011-08-01 19:59:21

AnniEm
2010-08-19

[resolved] How do you add an RSS feed?

My apologies, I know this must have been covered before but I'm not seeing it in a quick search (getting posts on how to customize existing feeds rather than how to get one started). I'm sure it can't be that difficult but I seem to be missing the basic "do this and this happens" type of instruction on how to start a feed.

Currently running BlancMont XL theme, on Piwigo 2.2.4. I've been getting requests from friends to let them know when I've got new photos up and I thought I'd read that I can do a feed from the gallery that will let them know :)

I do thoroughly enjoy using Piwigo as my gallery software - I've always found the help provided to be exceptional. A very big THANKS to all the coders who make this program possible.

Cheers,
Anna McCullough

#2 2011-08-01 22:37:49

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: [resolved] How do you add an RSS feed?

Hi Anna,

RSS feed is automatically generated for each user logged on the gallery *and* guest visitors.

All you have to do is to go in the "notification" menu and copy the links "Photos only RSS feed" or "Complete RSS feed (photos, comments)" to paste it in your favorite feed reader software (it work into IE and Firefox too).

If you do that when you're logged in the gallery, the RSS feed is set only for you. If not logged in, the RSS feed is generated for all guest users subscribed to it.

The content od the feed is generated each time a change is made on the gallery. If "Photos only RSS feed" was choosen, you'll receive the feed if new pictures are added with some representative pictures . If "Complete RSS feed (photos, comments)" was choosen, the feed will contain new photos and comments.

I hope I have answered your question correctly.

#3 2011-08-02 16:23:16

AnniEm
2010-08-19

Thank you very much!! I had removed that menu (my site is pretty stripped-down, just Categories, Identification and Links showing) and I'd forgotten the RSS stuff was in that menu!

Never said I was the brightest bulb in the hall :)

Cheers,
Anna

#4 2011-08-02 17:39:16

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

You're welcome ;)

Could you please set this topic as resolved (see link in your first post)? Thx in advance.

#5 2023-07-30 14:36:53

Ewgeniy
2023-07-08

Hello.

For Yandex Turbo Pages, the RSS file format is not correct.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xn9gXc … sp=sharing

#6 2023-07-30 15:53:39

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

I'd turn it the other way around: Yandex Turbo Pages misinterprets ordinary RSS feeds.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

Board footer