Announcement

#1 2011-10-06 15:12:02

coolboy

unable to ceate thumbnails

Hi all,

Please Help Actually I just upload my all photos through FTP (file manager) after that I am going to Tools => Thumbnails but there is nothing to create I am alos click on submit button please help me what i do.

Regards

#2 2011-10-06 22:05:50

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: unable to ceate thumbnails

Hi coolboy,

If you upload pics through FTP, you can't generate thumbnails directly from the gallery. This feature is only available when using the web upload API (online uploading function).

With FTP uploading, you have to prepare your photos on your local hard drive before sending them to you gallery. For more information about that, please, open the administration panel of Piwigo and go to Photos > Add | FTP + Synchronization. You'll find all you have to know about FTP upload and synchronization.

You may also need additional tools to help you prepare your photos. Look through the Extension Manager. In Tools section, there are things that might interest you. Like [extension by rub] BuildPWGPicture.

#3 2011-10-06 22:13:37

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13

Eric, you can generate thumbnails in Tools -> Thumbnails
Coolboy, where did you upload your photos exactly? Is there any forbidden character in file names?

P@t

#4 2011-10-06 22:16:42

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

P@t wrote:

Even for pictures sent via FTP? I've never tried that because my hosting provider restriction but I am surprised ...

#5 2011-10-06 23:00:05

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13

Eric wrote:

P@t wrote:

Even for pictures sent via FTP? I've never tried that because my hosting provider restriction but I am surprised ...

Yep, this has always been possible... and since 2.3, thumbnail generation is made through ajax (imagick is used if available)

P@t

#6 2011-10-06 23:03:18

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Ok, I apologize for my ignorance. Anyway, I doubt that my host likes this feature ;-))

#7 2011-10-07 04:07:55

coolboy

P@t wrote:

Coolboy, where did you upload your photos exactly? Is there any forbidden character in file names?

in piwigo > galleries >my album folder name.

I am also try tool > thumbnails but nothing to creat , i think this is permission issue can you please tell me the correct permission to galleries folder

#8 2011-10-07 04:10:00

coolboy

one more thing I have upload more than 300 images in my galleries so is there any limitation from piwigo, I hope you getting my point.

#9 2011-10-07 06:40:08

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

coolboy wrote:

one more thing I have upload more than 300 images in my galleries so is there any limitation from piwigo, I hope you getting my point.

No there's no limit.

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#10 2011-10-07 07:51:12

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13

coolboy wrote:

P@t wrote:

I am also try tool > thumbnails but nothing to creat , i think this is permission issue can you please tell me the correct permission to galleries folder

What is your folder name? Spaces and special characters are forbidden for folders and file names.

P@t

#11 2011-10-07 08:04:41

coolboy

P@t wrote:

coolboy wrote:

P@t wrote:

What is your folder name? Spaces and special characters are forbidden for folders and file names.

MobileWallpaper

#12 2011-10-07 08:06:47

coolboy

coolboy wrote:

P@t wrote:

coolboy wrote:

MobileWallpaper

I am create manually thumbnail from my local computer after it I am upload my all files in my folder with the new folder name thumbnail it's working fine, but how can i create with piwigo.?

#13 2011-10-07 15:06:26

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13

If you see the "submit" button, then you should see the table with image without thumlbnails... Do you see it?

P@t

#14 2011-10-13 13:00:21

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13

You should try to transfert ws.php file again (with FTP)

P@t

Board footer