Announcement

#1 2012-01-21 16:23:05

wernfried
2012-01-21

[resolved] Elements are misplaced on IE6

Hi

I know MS Internet Explorer 6 is quite old but it is the default Explorer in XP and I know many installations where it is still in use (e.g. when automatic updates for MS Windows is disabled by your admin).

Many elementes (thumpnails, header, rating stars, etc) are misplaced in IE6, see screenshot. It happens for all default themes (dark, Sylvia or clear). The content area starts at the button of the left menu, so the more menues you enable and the more albums you have the content is gliding lower and lower.

Kind Regards

Last edited by wernfried (2012-01-21 16:28:45)

#2 2012-01-21 19:18:53

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

Re: [resolved] Elements are misplaced on IE6

Maybe you should deactivate menu on picture pages, as the menu is causing the problem.

IE6 is now under 1% in Europe & US.
Even MS wants to get rid of it.

It's really difficult to get any website compatible with IE6 as IE6 doesn't respects standards and is very very old...
A lot of big websites like facebook doesn't support IE6 anymore.

#3 2012-01-21 20:02:41

lisaviolet
san diego, california
2011-01-03

wernfried wrote:

Hi

I know MS Internet Explorer 6 is quite old but it is the default Explorer in XP and I know many installations where it is still in use (e.g. when automatic updates for MS Windows is disabled by your admin).

Many elementes (thumpnails, header, rating stars, etc) are misplaced in IE6, see screenshot. It happens for all default themes (dark, Sylvia or clear). The content area starts at the button of the left menu, so the more menues you enable and the more albums you have the content is gliding lower and lower.

Kind Regards

I've got five computers running XP and all of them have IE7 or IE8.  Just sayin'.

#4 2012-01-22 00:56:27

freechelmi
Marseille , France
2010-11-07

the Great solution was given by google : Chrome Frame.

It can be install without admin rights and make IE use the chrome engine in few seconds.

Just prompt your users to click to install chrome Frame.

#5 2012-01-22 22:17:03

wernfried
2012-01-21

freechelmi wrote:

the Great solution was given by google : Chrome Frame.

It can be install without admin rights and make IE use the chrome engine in few seconds.

Just prompt your users to click to install chrome Frame.

IE6 is realy a nightmare for web developers, I know that.
I will make it even simpler and say: IE6 not supported!

Thanks

Board footer