Announcement

#1 2012-03-18 15:36:34

styxsailor
Translation Team
2011-07-18

Multiple languages - different additional pages and home page

Hi,

I want to have different languages available in Piwigo, particularly in the additional pages (additional pages plugin). I know I can choose to display different pages depending on what language is selected, but this does not allow having different home pages for different languages (at least I did not succeed).

What I want to achieve is:

1) If a page is available in a specific language, use that.
2) If it is not available, default to English
3) Additionally, I want to use this as the home page (which would thus differ depending on selected language).

Bottom line, I want to have one additional page which is used as home page, but use a different language depending on what is selected. Maybe there is a better way to achieve this, e.g. any html code that chooses text depending on what the language is?

Best,

--styxsailor

#2 2012-03-18 15:44:25

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Multiple languages - different additional pages and home page

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2012-03-18 17:39:30

styxsailor
Translation Team
2011-07-18

Thanks, this is doing what I looked for. After installing the plugin, the usage description does not appear in the additional pages plugin, but it can be seen from e.g. the album manager.

For my usage, I created an additional page to be used as start page with some text that will vary according to language setting followed by an image to be seen by all languages. This is achieved by:
---
[lang=sv] Introduktion på svenska [/lang]

[lang=default] Introduction in english [/lang]

[lang=all] /image embedded here/ [/lang]
---

Many hanks,

--styxsailor

#4 2012-03-18 17:47:37

styxsailor
Translation Team
2011-07-18

The one thing I did not succed is to change the page name (which also appears in the menu) depending on the language. The [lang=] [/lang] tags seem ignored. Any chance to make this work?

#5 2012-03-18 19:13:15

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

styxsailor wrote:

The one thing I did not succed is to change the page name (which also appears in the menu) depending on the language. The [lang=] [/lang] tags seem ignored. Any chance to make this work?

It works on my site

release plugin additional pages  ?
release piwigo ?

They're up-to-date ?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#6 2012-03-18 21:15:13

styxsailor
Translation Team
2011-07-18

This is embarrasing... It seems to work now, I must have done something wrong last time (I suspect the wrong "/" or "\"...). Sorry about the noise and thanks!

--styxsailor

#7 2012-03-18 21:17:32

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

great if it works :-)

Can you pass post to resolved (link in the first post)

#8 2012-03-18 23:09:18

styxsailor
Translation Team
2011-07-18

I am a bit confused again, but another location :)

In the gallery configuration options, the "Gallery title" cannot use this? See screenshots of what I get.

Thanks,

--styxsailor

Last edited by styxsailor (2012-03-18 23:10:54)

#9 2012-03-19 09:49:07

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

You can use [extension by ddtddt] Title for this

#10 2012-03-21 20:48:06

styxsailor
Translation Team
2011-07-18

I try to set the "Home" page using the plugin but this doesn't work. Is there some other setting required? (I guess this is not a critical feature but more cosmetic :))

Board footer