Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » SimpleNG theme (aka simple grey next gen version 3.0)

#1 2012-03-09 21:42:24

saimon
2006-12-04

SimpleNG theme (aka simple grey next gen version 3.0)

Version 3.0-beta2 of the theme is available: [extension by saimon] SimpleNG
The version 3.0 is a complete redesign of the Simple Grey theme, taking advantage of the new features of the web: HTML5, CSS3, ...

The version 3.0 is currently a beta version, there may be compatibility issues with plugins.

Changelog:
- switch to HTML5
- new design
- responsive design
- based on Bootstrap
- use Open Sans font

Thanks for testing to fix quickly the potential issues.

Last edited by saimon (2012-08-29 00:19:25)

#2 2012-03-21 16:29:54

quicky

Re: SimpleNG theme (aka simple grey next gen version 3.0)

Hi,

I just installed your theme. It's awesome :-)

However I THINK I've found a bug. I've installed Piwigo from scratch incl. your template, and it's missing the "recent.png" file. I've checked the link and that link really leads to a place where the file can't be found.

I've then changed the icon_dir entry in the themeconf.inc.php to 'icon_dir' => 'themes/default/icon',

Now it's working. I don't know if that's the right way to fix that issue or if there's something else going wrong. Maybe you could recheck that.

Another question:

How can I configure my SimpleNG theme to look like the one you have on your demo-site.

For example: Your Albums are organized in 3 columns. Mine I organized dynamicly, so I get 4 or more columns with less space.

Also below each Album is a small summary which I don't seem to get configured. And last but not least in your screenshow you've even hided your menu-bar.

Thanks for any hints on that.

Best regards

Oliver

#3 2012-03-21 22:38:53

saimon
2006-12-04

quicky wrote:

I've then changed the icon_dir entry in the themeconf.inc.php to 'icon_dir' => 'themes/default/icon',

Now it's working. I don't know if that's the right way to fix that issue or if there's something else going wrong. Maybe you could recheck that.

yes, you found a bug and the right solution ;-)

quicky wrote:

How can I configure my SimpleNG theme to look like the one you have on your demo-site.

For example: Your Albums are organized in 3 columns. Mine I organized dynamicly, so I get 4 or more columns with less space.

this is strange, there should be always 3 columns. Could you give a link to your gallery ?

quicky wrote:

Also below each Album is a small summary which I don't seem to get configured. And last but not least in your screenshow you've even hided your menu-bar.

yay, the screenshot is out of date, it was a previous version ;-)
for the summary, are you speaking of the thumbnails page ?

#4 2012-03-22 09:12:36

quicky

That's strange, now mine also displays only 3 columns... so that's solved...

With "summary" I meant the information about the album (amount of images included etc.)

I get that information when I hover over the Album (no. of images included), but in your screenshot it's being display staticly below the image.

My test-gallery is here:

http://bilder.osfx.net/

Thanks for checking

Oliver

#5 2012-03-22 13:05:08

quicky

Another display "issue":

http://bilder.osfx.net/picture.php?/9/c … /2&map

On both browsers (chrome and IE) the text below the image is way to big.

Regards

Oliver

#6 2012-03-26 21:43:01

saimon
2006-12-04

quicky wrote:

With "summary" I meant the information about the album (amount of images included etc.)

I get that information when I hover over the Album (no. of images included), but in your screenshot it's being display staticly below the image.

ok, as I said in my previous post, the screenshot is from an older version of the theme, I must update it.

#7 2012-03-26 21:59:46

saimon
2006-12-04

quicky wrote:

Another display "issue":

http://bilder.osfx.net/picture.php?/9/c … /2&map

On both browsers (chrome and IE) the text below the image is way to big.

ok, it is an issue with the map plugin, I have changed the css to avoid this. This will be fixed in the next release, thanks for the feedback.

#8 2012-03-27 00:10:38

saimon
2006-12-04

version 3.0-beta3 contains these bugfixes
+ add an infinitescroll feature to avoid pagination for thumbnails

#9 2012-08-29 00:22:15

saimon
2006-12-04

version 3.0 is out : http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=602

### version 3.0 (28/08/2012)                                                     

* forms - fix the search page button                                             
* include the ajax queue to load thumbnails                                     
* minor fixes                                                                   
* comment list - fix thumbnails                                                 

### version 3.0-beta5 (28/06/2012)                                               

* image nav bar                                                                 
* use the same style for category thumbnails and other thumbnails               
* apply the transparent background to the subcontent                             
* thumbnails - use bootstrap                                                     
* put the title in the navbar using javascript                                   
* css - change responsive styles                                                 
* don't use pwg's combine as it breaks with plugins                             
* minify bootstrap.js                                                           

### version 3.0-beta4 (25/06/2012)                                                                                                                                                                   

Compatibility with piwigo 2.4:                                                   

* update bootstrap to 2.0.4                                                     
* minor template changes                                                         
* adapt templates to use derivatives                                             
* header - add canonical url

#10 2012-09-02 12:04:25

Hardboiled

Hi,

I just installed piwigo with SimpleNG theme.
It works, but the menu below the Header is hidden by the thumbnails.
I just be able to see half line of the navbar.
Any idea how to solve the issue ?
Thanks for your help.

#11 2012-09-03 10:44:37

TheChief
2012-07-21

The theme is really nice. Thank you.

Does this theme use own resized images in the albums for thumbnails? Would be better to use one of the resized thumbnails setup in the admin and use CSS to created the image preview with same size.

And on my gallery something seems to be wrong with the albums, see screenshot. Sometimes i have free spaces instead of thumbnails, Albums are NOT missing.

Last edited by TheChief (2012-09-03 10:46:38)

#12 2012-09-04 10:18:31

saimon
2006-12-04

Hardboiled wrote:

not atm, but maybe with some more detail ... link, screenshot, browser info, ...

#13 2012-09-04 10:29:13

saimon
2006-12-04

TheChief wrote:

Does this theme use own resized images in the albums for thumbnails?

yes

TheChief wrote:

Would be better to use one of the resized thumbnails setup in the admin and use CSS to created the image preview with same size.

why ?
with the custom size, we can have this nice grid of thumbnails with is always filled. This grid is made with bootstrap, which need 260px wide images:
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/com … thumbnails

TheChief wrote:

And on my gallery something seems to be wrong with the albums, see screenshot. Sometimes i have free spaces instead of thumbnails, Albums are NOT missing.

yes, I have seen this issue but I didn't find the bug.

#14 2012-09-05 13:40:25

TheChief
2012-07-21

I just ask about thumbnails, because it means, that on each album page the thumbnails would be created first and this takes long time for 16000 images in my gallery. And i see no way to create the thumbnails automatically.

The album title is also hidden, because its behind the top bar. You could hide/show the top bar on mouse over or you fix it with margin top or something.

Last edited by TheChief (2012-09-05 13:42:38)

#15 2012-09-05 17:44:09

Hardboiled

saimon wrote:

Hardboiled wrote:

not atm, but maybe with some more detail ... link, screenshot, browser info, ...

The issue could be seen here [link]albums.mamtitoo.fr[/link] at the navigation menu (under the title of the albums) is partially hidden. The issue is present with Firefox, Chrome, IE.
Thanks for your help.

•  » Themes
  •  » SimpleNG theme (aka simple grey next gen version 3.0)

Board footer