Announcement

#1 2012-03-28 14:27:11

TBB

Multi-Tag sorting

Hi,

I currently use zenphoto but i'm looking at new software which can do the following. I need to be able to tag images, and create some kind of filter either with drop down select boxes or similar which can sort images and display thumbnails of images which match all the tags selected.

i.e.

[BOX1]   [BOX2]    [BOX3]
Ford         Red          Day
VW         Green       Night
Audi         Blue

and the user chose 'Ford' 'Red' and 'Day' it would only show images which had all 3 tags.

Is this something i am likely to be able to do with piwigo? has anyone done this before?

many thanks

#2 2012-03-28 15:46:57

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Multi-Tag sorting

Hi TBB,

First you have to group tags. In your example, it means:

1) group "brand" (Ford, VW, Audi)
2) group "color"
3) group "sunlight" (night/day)

Then you'll need a specific coding to display a multiple select box filter. I suggest to use the "tags" section to add a "multiple tags box" at the beginning of #content.

#3 2012-03-31 19:40:39

wernerk
2012-01-22

Re: Multi-Tag sorting

Hi,

I think, TBB wants to do a tag query with more than one criterion. If this it what you want to do, you can use the search function. There is a section containing all tags with checkboxes and if you select more than one and choose the left radiobutton ("search for all terms") underneath you can search with AND-operation. If you submit, all the photos tagged with e.g. tag1 AND tag2 AND tag3 will be displayed.

But you cannot create different classes or groups of tags.

Greetings
Werner

Board footer