Announcement

#1 2011-05-28 10:52:30

broadstairs
2011-05-28

[resolved] How do I disable guest account

I want to use Piwigo for a totally private online gallery just for family photo sharing and therefore I want to completely remove the guest account as it will be completely useless. How can I achieve this please?

Stuart

#2 2011-05-28 13:35:46

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [resolved] How do I disable guest account

you can't delete the guest because it's the default config for a new account (piwigo will not work if you delete it !), but with localfiles editor add in the config local :
<?php
$conf['newcat_default_status'] = 'private';
?>
the new album will be private by default
Then I suggest you to install/activate pwg stuff and add an identification bloc and eventually a personal bloc to explain that the gallery is private

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2011-05-28 13:58:57

broadstairs
2011-05-28

Thanks for that.... I dont need any explanations as to why it is private - I dont really care if folks cant access the gallery or see photos as I wont publish the whereabouts of this site - I may even password protect the whole site anyway. There never will be any public photos on it. The only person who will setup galleries will be me anyway.

I think it would be better to allow a different account to be setup for the default config which would allow deletion of the guest account. I'd just rather not have a guest account floating around for people to try to access just in case there is a security hole which might get them in. I cannot see that I'd be the only one to request this, perhaps those like me who would like this go elsewhere. Trouble is so far this does seem to be the best gallery I have found.

Stuart

#4 2011-05-28 14:20:51

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

piwigo need a account for unregistered visitors but you can the default config :
// guest_id : id of the anonymous user
$conf['guest_id'] = 2;
// default_user_id : id of user used for default value
$conf['default_user_id'] = $conf['guest_id'];

use localfiles editor to change this parameter in the local config file

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2011-05-28 16:04:59

broadstairs
2011-05-28

Sorry but maybe I'm being a little obtuse here.... I dont want any user for any unregistered users as there will be no registration done by users from website, only me as admin creating accounts for family members. I want only pre-setup family members to be able to login with user and p/w details I will give them, all galleries will be created by me in advance as will all the users.

So for me there is no use for a guest account and I dont want anyone who guesses its a Piwigo gallery trying to login as guest.

Stuart

#6 2011-05-28 16:37:45

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

I have perfectly understand what you want and the answer is clear : you can't delete the guest, or the account used for unregistered visitors ! and that's not a security hole for your gallery and your pics.
But you have not understood : "login as guest." ! nobody is logging as guest : this account is for unregistered visitors and also for setting the default config of new accounts. Guest=what a unregistered  visitor can see/do
So put your album as private and never give the right to see pictures/albums to the "guest".

#7 2011-05-28 17:06:58

broadstairs
2011-05-28

Ah sorry my misunderstanding....  now to sort out one or two more things in my head (and on my system!

Stuart

#8 2011-05-28 18:16:42

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13

To disable guest access, you can write this in your local configuration file (with LocalFiles Editor):

Code:

$conf['guest_access'] = false;

P@t

#9 2011-11-02 14:23:28

cherlihy
2011-11-02

Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for.

#10 2012-04-07 22:24:35

faqvideo
2012-01-21

You can do it from Administration panel:

Configuration=>Options, choose Min tab.

Untick all the boxes relevant to User Registration, Customization, etc. The "Registration" button next to Login on the Home Page will disappear = no new users.

BTW, has anyone figured how can I set on the Admin side or in pLoader that all the newly created albums be Private, not Public.

#11 2012-04-08 11:40:32

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

hello
In the local config via LocalFile editor : $conf['newcat_default_status'] = 'private';

#12 2023-04-23 22:16:05

rossoreed
2023-04-23

I also want to use this for family photos, and only want family members to be able to log in, and view the photos.

I see above post the suggestion;
"In the local config via LocalFile editor : $conf['newcat_default_status'] = 'private';"

Where is the local config, and what is the LocalFile editor??

I'm using Piwigo v13.6 in Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rossoreed (2023-04-23 22:16:36)

#13 2023-04-23 22:46:55

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

LocalFiles Editor is a plugin installed along with Piwigo, to edit local configuration and css override files. It creates the local config upon first save. Go to Admin -> Plugins.
Also recommended from the Plugins section: the Take A Tour plugin, specifically the Privacy tour for your case.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#14 2023-04-23 23:55:16

rossoreed
2023-04-23

Thanks erAck

Yes, that really helps.
Especially for the quick reply!

Paul

Board footer