Announcement

•  » Engine
  •  » debian package for piwigo

#16 2010-03-02 08:54:41

Clément

Re: debian package for piwigo

Hello nicolas,

I try to install piwigo from the debian source, but it doesn't work. I'm working on Ubuntu 9.10.

The logs :

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage : définir CFLAGS à la valeur par défaut : -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage : définir CPPFLAGS à la valeur par défaut :
dpkg-buildpackage : définir LDFLAGS à la valeur par défaut : -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage : définir FFLAGS à la valeur par défaut : -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage : définir CXXFLAGS à la valeur par défaut : -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: paquet source piwigo
dpkg-buildpackage: version source 2.0.8-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changé par Nicolas Roudaire <nikrou77@gmail.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: architecture hôte amd64
fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-stamp
# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
#/usr/bin/make clean
dh_clean
debconf-updatepo
print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 942.
print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 942.
Cannot open POTFILES.in.temp for writing at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-update line 615.
make: *** [clean] Erreur 1
dpkg-buildpackage: erreur: fakeroot debian/rules clean a produit une erreur de sortie de type 2

PS : I met you at piwigo camp, I was the man from Ubuntu in front of you.
offtopic : We can't register on this forum ?

#17 2010-03-02 09:02:30

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

Clément wrote:

see [Forum, topic 15706] Forum registration suspended ( please ask if needed)

My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

#18 2010-03-02 11:38:34

Clément
2010-03-02

thanks tosca, pierrick subscribe me.

#19 2010-03-02 16:31:20

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Clément wrote:

Hello nicolas,

I try to install piwigo from the debian source, but it doesn't work. I'm working on Ubuntu 9.10.

log :

dpkg-buildpackage: erreur: fakeroot debian/rules clean a produit une erreur de sortie de type 2

It seems you don't have permissions to open a file. Have you try with sudo ?

But the piwigo package is finish and is in stage to go on ftp-master on debian.

Clément wrote:

PS : I met you at piwigo camp, I was the man from Ubuntu in front of you.

Don't worry, I remember.

#20 2010-03-02 17:01:41

Clément
2010-03-02

nicolas wrote:

It seems you don't have permissions to open a file. Have you try with sudo ?

It works fine with sudo ^^

but :

sudo dpkg -i piwigo_2.0.8-1_all.deb
Sélection du paquet piwigo précédemment désélectionné.
(Lecture de la base de données... 525612 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Dépaquetage de piwigo (à partir de piwigo_2.0.8-1_all.deb) ...
dpkg : des problèmes de dépendances empêchent la configuration de piwigo :
piwigo dépend de libphp-pclzip (>= 2.8.1) ; cependant :
  Le paquet libphp-pclzip n'est pas installé.
piwigo dépend de smarty (>= 2.6.26) ; cependant :
  Le paquet smarty n'est pas installé.
dpkg : erreur de traitement de piwigo (--install) :
problèmes de dépendances - laissé non configuré
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
piwigo

I removed piwigo in this way :
sudo -s
cd /var/lib/dpkg/info
for i in list postinst postrm prerm;do mv -v piwigo.$i piwigo.$i.orig;done
sudo apt-get purge piwigo
exit

I installed the missing package :
apt-get install libphp-pclzip smarty

Next :
sudo dpkg -i piwigo_2.0.8-1_all.deb

piwigo dépend de libphp-pclzip (>= 2.8.1) ; cependant :
  La version de libphp-pclzip sur le système est 2.6-1.
piwigo dépend de smarty (>= 2.6.26) ; cependant :
  La version de smarty sur le système est 2.6.22-1ubuntu2.

the packages in the karmic koala distribution (Ubuntu 9.10) aren't up to date.

#21 2012-04-26 05:05:24

tonybaldwin

Okay, well by now it is an official debian pkg. I will assume Nicolas is the maintainer.

I have a Squeeze server here, and installed piwigo with aptitude.
The autoconfig with aptitude installation failed.
So, I created a db in mysql, added the Include /etc/piwigo/apache.conf to my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
chowned /usr/share/piwigo/web/_data to www-data (having been told to make it writeable).

Then I got the install.php to display, so I entered the values I had assigned to the db (user, password, etc.).

I got "Cannot connect to server".
I do tail /var/log/apache2/error.log
and find it's trying to connect to the db, not as the dbuser I entered, but as www-data.
I assume this is because I chowned _data to the server, thus.
So, on a whim, I chown -R myuser:myuser _data
grant all privileges on mypiwigodb.* to myuser@localhost
blah blah
and try the install.php again.

I "succeed", insofar as I am told installation was a success, but database.inc.php (symlink to /etc/piwigo/config-db.php) was not written (of course, not, I didn't make that writeable by the server!).  So I manually add the proper values to said file, as instructed.

I click "visit the gallery", and instead of getting index.php, I am routed back to install.php, the form again.
Now, I can keep filling out the form, and it keeps telling me the same thing:
installation was a success, but database.inc.php was not written (but it has the proper values now, anyway, since I edited the file with vim and entered them).

There are a couple of issues here, really:
1) regarldess of the db_user you put int he form or add to config-db.php (database.inc.php), it assumes the owner of the _data dir is the db_user.  This is highly irregular.  The install asks for a user, but won't use that parameter, even when manually entered into the config, unless it corresponds to the owner of _data, which, traditionally, if you want writeable for a webapp, should be writeable by the server, not a system user, and neither the server nor the dbuser should correspond to a system user. At least, in my experience, I have never encountered such a practice.

I worked around this by owning that dir and granting myself access to the db, but I don't like it, because this seems, to me, a possible security issue, using an actual user. No other web app I use does this. (joomla, wordpress, gallery2, friendica, statusnet, scuttle, etc., etc...all of them, I assign a unique db and dbuser, and they work. I do not use an actual user on the system).

2) it wants to write a file in /etc/ 
I don't think the server or any user should write stuff in this dir, except root. I may be wrong, but this seems like a security issue, to me. No other webapp software I use wants to write stuff in /etc/

3) even with the proper values added to the config-db.php, it keeps redirecting back to the install.php (even after indicating the installation was a success).

I've scoured the forums, and it seems like I've found a few other users with similar issues.  None of them seem to have figured out that the owner of _data is being used as the db_user, but I see clearly some indicating that piwigo wants to use root as the db_user, no matter what they put in the form.  The _data dir was owned by root before I chown-ed it to the server, and then myself, so I am assuming that what they're encountering is the same as what I've encountered.

FYI: this is piwigo 2.1.2, installed with aptitude, on Debian Stable (6.0/Squeeze). 
The "server" is an old 3.2ghz single-core celeron with 1.5gb ram, here in my office.
(I like to play with stuff on this home server before deploying on my linode or other hosting).

#22 2012-04-26 13:56:54

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Hi Tony,

I read your post but for me the way you try to install piwigo is not right. You try to install piwigo via debian installer and manually.

You said "The autoconfig with aptitude installation failed". What was the problem ? Did you see an error message ?

The installation process create a database user (piwigo if you keep default param), generate a random password and create a dedicated database. Installation process ask you for mysql admin user.

I don't know how and why you imagine system user is related with database user. It's not the case.
Installation process aks you for admin user. By defaut the admin password couple is admin/admin. But you can change it of course.

I proposed you to restart installation by purging piwigo package. Try to use autoconfig process. Tell us if you encounter errors. If you do things manually you can benefit from automatic debian upgrade of piwigo.

•  » Engine
  •  » debian package for piwigo

Board footer