Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » WordPress and Piwigo living together

#31 2011-02-08 20:36:28

Philip

Re: WordPress and Piwigo living together

I am using Piwigo as my website, not just a gallery on it. I do use Wordpress and would love to see the integration of Wordpress INTO Piwigo. I want to have a page, or pages, where I can view my blog. I'm not trying to provide a gallery into my blog. I want a Wordpress page from the menu (with the "Blog" title as the link) and have it go to my Piwigo page that has a fully functioning blog. I tried to do this with an iframe, but never could get it working well.
Thanks!

#32 2011-02-16 19:26:44

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

#33 2011-07-01 03:39:45

rbr28
Bloomington, IN USA
2010-07-13

I'm very late to this thread, but I use both Wordpress and Piwigo and find the idea of integration interesting.  Similar to what a previous poster said, I never used similar plugins with Gallery/Drupal Gallery/Wordpress, etc., because there was always something major missing or something the plugin did that was a real problem.  I think it's very tough to get such integration right.

For my purposes, I'd just like to see a 'connection' between Wordpress and the Piwigo database.  For example, the ability to search Piwigo photo metadata from within Wordpress.  Tag integration would also be helpful. 

A more obscure idea I'm thinking about is that each database needs to be usable from each application for real integration.  For example, in Piwigo a user might want to link an image some way to a Wordpress post.  I'll try to go through my setups and see what integration ideas I can come up with.  Honestly I've been so disappointed with options in other setups that I just got used to the idea that they were always going to be silos with no integration.  Thanks for putting forth the effort to investigate and begin development on this.

Vern

#34 2011-07-05 11:55:20

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

rbr28 wrote:

[...] the ability to search Piwigo photo metadata from within Wordpress.

This one looks a bit difficult.

rbr28 wrote:

Tag integration would also be helpful.

You mean that Piwigo and WordPress share the same tags? This is not really difficult. What's more difficult is if you want WordPress to display photos tagged "motorbike" new to posts tagged "motorbike".

rbr28 wrote:

[...] in Piwigo a user might want to link an image some way to a Wordpress post.

Currently, Piwigo and WordPress do not share the same users list, but you can already insert a photo from Piwigo into a WordPress post with plugin PiwigoMedia.

#35 2011-07-26 21:58:32

lehrer
2010-08-30

Hello,

I was and am still thinking aboput our discussion here: http://piwigo.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/ … own-blog/.

Will it be possible to:
- add slideshows from within wordpress witohut the need to leave wordpress and jump to piwigo?
- Will it be an option to merge both wordpress and piwigo users, tags, etc so that it will be possible to view all galleries from within wordpress without the need to leave and go to thez piwgo installation? (in the background piwigo will work, but I mean from the visitor's viewpoint)?

Gershon

#36 2011-12-30 10:24:18

martyd
2011-12-30

The operation of Piwigo with Wordpress would be a 'god send'. My use of Word Press started around version 1.5. I have evolved many sites through to the current 3.x and will contiue.

The only gallery that I ever found to offer functionality and Wordpress involvement was Gallery2 through a plugin called WP2G. Unfortunately, the plugin had its moments and development stopped with the introduction of Gallery3.

Gallery2 was clunky albiet very capable. Gallery3 development seems tedious and slow. Perhaps the developers are just too limited on development resources to put the needed effort on a timely basis.

I see Piwigo as a very viable Plugin/Extension option for Wordpress and JOOMLA. These two LAMP projects are extremely popular and have sufficient development momentum that Piwigo could become the goto standard for gallery use for LAMP CMS

#37 2012-05-05 15:21:10

theblackpig
nr Manchester UK
2012-04-20

Hi folks,
If you have a Wordpress site and want to incorporate Piwigo there is a plugin that works, it's called Inline frame - Iframe

#38 2013-06-22 23:51:24

Lenny
2013-06-19

What would be nice is a way to share member registration.

•  » Requests
  •  » WordPress and Piwigo living together

Board footer