•  » Your Piwigo
  •  » [resolved] Goodbye piwigo.org...

#1 2012-05-08 23:32:24

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

[resolved] Goodbye piwigo.org...

...and hello piwigo.com :-)

After trying for a week with piwigo.org using my own hosting site (with PHP in safe mode) I have given up the struggle and decided to start using piwigo.com.

It was a pleasure to see how easy it was to reconfigure my new gallery.  All I have left to do is reload all the photos I had done before and then the other 8,000 or so.

The only major feature I notice is gone is the synchronisation of the local gallery but I didn't like this anyway as it didn't allow spaces in the names (why?)

I'm also a little puzzled about using the EXIF Metadata and also displaying things such as Dimensions on the full image display but I'm sure I'll get there...

So now I have 30 days to pay my subscription when hopefully I will have tried 2.4 :-)

Tadjio

#2 2012-05-09 00:01:12

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [resolved] Goodbye piwigo.org...

Tadjio wrote:

The only major feature I notice is gone is the synchronisation of the local gallery but I didn't like this anyway as it didn't allow spaces in the names (why?)

Since there is no FTP on Piwigo.com, we have hidden the synchronization.

The synchronization doesn't allow spaces in file names because it's not 100% safe in URL. With other methods to add photos, Piwigo stores the photo with an automatic filename (but keep the original filename in the database)

Tadjio wrote:

I'm also a little puzzled about using the EXIF Metadata and also displaying things such as Dimensions on the full image display but I'm sure I'll get there...

You want to hide the "EXIF Metadata"?

If you want to display the photo dimensions, see options on [Administration > Configuration > Options > Display].

Tadjio wrote:

So now I have 30 days to pay my subscription when hopefully I will have tried 2.4 :-)

For sure Piwigo 2.4 won't be on Piwigo.com in 30 days. Piwigo 2.4 is not released yet and we wait for a few themes/plugins to be compatible with Piwigo 2.4 before installing it on Piwigo.com.

#3 2012-05-09 00:41:57

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

Re: [resolved] Goodbye piwigo.org...

Thanks for your informative reply.  I hope my subject didn't make you jump!

I see what you mean about URLs - couldn't you replace space with "_"?
Ideally I would much prefer to use Synchronisation, whether with .org or .com as I can then create an identical photo structure to mine on my PC.  Obviously then ftp on .com would be useful.

I don't want to hide the EXIF, I want to see it.  How do I do so? [I have now found the "Show file metadata option" 9/5/12]

Thanks for showing me Administration > Configuration > Options > Display - it looks extremely useful.

As to 2.4, I only meant that I would like to try before I buy! I am 95% confident I will buy as I hope you can tell from my interest.  In fact I have every confidence I will like 2.4 from what I read, especially the MultiSize.  Is there a slightly more detailed descriptions of the changes, both to the Admin and the Gallery?

Merci

Tadjio

Last edited by Tadjio (2012-05-09 11:59:58)

Tadjio

•  » Your Piwigo
  •  » [resolved] Goodbye piwigo.org...

Board footer